or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

x-post WAYWRN . . .
I can tell you that "opulence" was heavily featured in last night's show at the Met Museum, as the first gallery was devoted to jewels - including some quite large diamonds (Golconda, the world's major source of diamonds until the 19th century, was one of the Deccani sultanates). The locals must have picked up on this - the members' preview was quite well-attended - both the galleries and the Petrie Court (where refreshments were served) were full to overflowing.Alas, back...
As I'm closer to 60 than to 59 at present, hearing someone whine about the onset of middle age makes me grit my teeth. If it comforts you, however, I still think of you as a young guy . Also, please note that though chronology is inevitable, maturity is entirely optional.
Never having owned a car, and living on the island of Manhattan, this survey was simple to complete.
x-post WAYWRN . . .
This evening, I'm attending a members' preview at the Metropolitan Museum for an exhibit of art of the courts of the sultans of the Deccan Plateau in India. The subtitle for the show is "Opulence and Fantasy". Today's attire is about as opulent or fantastical as I can get on a Tuesday morning.Suit - RLPLShirt - BB MTMTie - CharvetBraces - LewinCufflinks - Niletti Creations, NYCVintage watch chainShoes - C & J [[SPOILER]]
That is the most charmingly fanciful, imaginative take on what I decided to wear of which I have ever heard. Unhappily, it is also quite inaccurate. My early arising was due to a colleague scheduling a conference call/webex at the ungodly hour of 8:00 AM, for the purpose of teaching the unwashed the intricacies of the company's time tracking/project management software. As it was, I was the sole idiot, other than the lecturer and his boss who attended said matinee. ...
I believe that the question is more a resolution of the horizontal crease in the middle of the cuff - obviously, you had the trousers shortened or lengthened at some point. I am sure that a good pressing will take that out (I've had the same thing occur to me - unhappily, with no-iron chinos, and the crease in the middle of the cuff is not disappearing ).
x-post WAYWRN . . .
An early start to the week, and photographic proof that I can do the Crusty Crouch even in my sleep . . .Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeShirt - DunhillTie - BBCufflinks - TyrwhittPS - BBBraces - Paul StuartShoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brandRaincoat - BurberryHat - Weatherproof [[SPOILER]]