or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

The Friday Challenge thread for 2014/12/12 has been created: http://www.styleforum.net/t/443852/the-friday-challenge-2014-12-12-retro-detailing
Whoever has the big brass ones to wear it (or the occasion - anyone getting married before Friday evening?).
Thread is up: http://www.styleforum.net/t/443852/the-friday-challenge-2014-12-12-retro-detailing
The aim of this week's challenge is to integrate something from another era into your fit - the era is your choice, whether it be the 1930's, the 50's, the 70's - whatever. Whatever detailing harks back to another era, whether it be a waistcoat, a collar pin, a tab-collared shirt, braces, or balmoral boots, add it to the mix of your usual attire, and see what happens. If you have the time and the inclination, with your posting, point out the detail, and explain why you...
OK, guys, I've made up my mind - I'm going with Retro Detailing. In thinking about the suggestions made in this thread, and the one I received via private message (a vote for "F*ck You, Casual Fridays" - bringing on the most dressed up looks one can muster for a Friday), there is nothing about any of them that couldn't be integrated into a retro look. Certainly, suits with balmoral boots haven't been seen widely since prior to WWII (outside of recent catalogues from Paul...
Thus, who better to have won this challenge than myself - pervy personified.
x-post WAYWRN . . .
^^^^ For dragging yourself off the sick bed, Cleav, you look mighty fine, sir.Also, it seems that, in a very small field, I've won the Friday Challenge. (Accidents do happen.) I am up for suggestions as to this upcoming week's challenge theme - make your suggestions known, before I make a decision as to this matter - the sooner, the better.As for myself, it's Tuesday - monsoon season here in NYC, and the second three-piece suit of the week. As it is, I'm taking my staff...
Okay, gentlemen, it would seem that it's my responsibility to come up with this week's challenge (and thank you all who voted for me - I could not have done it without the help of you all - and Turnbull & Asser). The suggestion of suits and boots has been made - are there any other suggestions that I might entertain before making a decision? For myself, I had thought of the theme of the "retro detail" - integrating into one's daily attire a detail from another era (the...
Flattery like that will get you virtually anywhere, Cleav (within reasonable limits, of course!).