or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

There is something of merit in all of your postings. Good advice is good advice, regardless of source, but it is uncommon to receive such advice from someone who never posts photos. The posting of photos gives context to the nature of the advice, and the point of view of the poster dispensing.it. It also means that the poster is willing to put his (or her, in rare cases) money where his mouth is, or, more colorfully, as we say in New York, "tochis am tisch".
I will agree with AAS - Your usual style of trouser flatters you more, so some tapering of the trousers would be beneficial for this suit. Just my two Ore . . .
The Friday Challenge, as stated above, is "#menswear", which, if I am interpreting the challenge correctly, means "the stylistic affectations of the moment". As much as I am too old to be "of the moment", I've done my best, within my means to comply - a single-breasted peak lapel suit, with ticket pocket; trousers with side tabs, no belt loops; a cutaway collar shirt; non-black shoes with a blue suit; a pocket square from Drake's; and colorful socks. That's as affected as...
x=post WAYWRN and the Friday Challenge - C & J Maltons, BB socks, Phineas Cole suit trews . . .
The weather has cooled and is sunny this morning in NYC, and the Friday Challenge "#menswear", which, if I am interpreting the challenge correctly, means "the stylistic affectations of the moment". As much as I am too old to be "of the moment", I've done my best, within my means to comply - a single-breasted peak lapel suit, with ticket pocket; trousers with side tabs, no belt loops; a cutaway collar shirt; non-black shoes with a blue suit; a pocket square from Drake's;...
x-post WAYWRN CM Casual - J & M shoes, BB socks and trews . . .
It is predicted to be rainy and humid today, so I've opted for "business casual" - the most rumpled of navy linen trousers, and "rain shoes". Tomorrow promises to be better, cooler weather, which should bring about an improvement in my appearance. Shirt & trews - BB Shoes - J & M (from at least a decade ago)
They taught me words that could be helpful in a variety of situations
Nope - I've just worked in IT in NYC for long enough to work with a lot of Russians - I've picked up a few words in Russian, only some of which are repeatable in mixed company.
I have known any number of people for whom that title would be only too appropriate - NYC is rife with candidates for that appellation.