or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

x-post WAYWRN - C & J shoes, BB socks, Ede & Ravenscroft suit trousers . . .
The Friday Challenge this week is "Pitti" - what one might wear while attending the twice-yearly menswear show in Florence, Italy, that showcase of extravagant sartorial invention as practiced by the attendees. I must confess that I don't think that I have the sense of relaxation that many of the attendees have - my attire is, for better or worse, usually carefully thought out. (Whether or not I had a brain fart while thinking things out I leave to the viewer's...
Thank you, Caustic. On the noise levels present in the financial district at night, the news that the area is a residential area hasn't reached the various department of public works of the City of New York, which performs road repair and other noisy activities at night, even though many buildings are now apartments or hotels, not offices. Part of that may be for traffic control during daytime hours, part, I am sure, just due to habit of public works.
It is only as I had an idle moment this morning that I delved into this thread, and came across the quote above.First off, Jim, thank you for your praise.Secondly, my "style" such as it is, exists only because I work in the IT work, where if you're not violating the company's dress code in some egregious manner, or the local decency laws, you can wear whatever you like. I rarely if ever see people from "the outside", so I dress essentially to please myself. The men in my...
x-post WAYWRN - Paul Stuart (C & J) shoes, Sorley socks, BB suit trousers . . .
The weather will be warming up today in NYC, so I've opted for one of my most lightweight suits, and have dug into the archives to come up with tie, cufflinks, and shoes which I've not worn in a great while.Suit - BBShirt - LewinTie - HermesCufflinks - Venetian cased glass tesserae, bought at my local discounter for peanuts.PS - Robert TalbottShoes - Paul Stuart (C & J) [[SPOILER]]
Congratulations to my friend Mr. Knightley! And what will be our next challenge, sir?
Whereas Greg's face on Charley's head looks rather like one of those Neanderthal men in a diorama in a natural history museum . . .
As God said to the blonde when she bemoaned her fate at not winning the lottery, "Work with me on this - buy a ticket!".
x-post WAYWRN - yesterday and today - yesterday, Harris, BB, New & Lingwood; today - Septieme Largeur, BB, Paul Stuart