or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

By the afternoon, I may envy you your ruse
It HAS been a long time since Uncle has posted - one hopes that he's OK. x-post WAYWRN - first outing for the spectators this year . . .
Today, it's to hit 86F/30C or more here in NYC, so it's meteorologically appropriate for linen - the first linen of the season. Of course, I'm several days late, and several dollars short for last week's Friday Challenge, but I didn't find today's trousers in my closet until after proceedings had closed (not that I would have won, mind you . . .). Consider it then, a tribute to, or an inspiration from, Gino's and EFV's latest triumph.Sports jacket - BB MTMShirt, tie,...
x-post WAYWRN - Stefano Branchini and Nagrani . . .
Something simple for a warm Monday morning, albeit with rather outre socks . . .Suit - JAB JosephShirt - LewinTie & cufflinks - BBPS - Robert TalbottSocks - NagraniShoes - Stefano Branchini, via Bergdorf Goodman [[SPOILER]]
x-post WAYWRN . . . .
Friday, and not a moment too soon. Today's suit hasn't been worn in over a year, and, remarkably enough, it still fits. Happy accidents happen every day.Suit - BB RegentShirt - TyrwhittTie - Paul StuartPS - AshearCufflinks - Benson & Clegg, LondonShoes - Harris, via Barney's BostonCologne - Penhaligon's L'Esprit de Roi [[SPOILER]]
Thanks, Andy. The cufflinks are silver, set with rhodochrosite, which, as it turns out, is the national gemstone of Argentina, and they were 120 Argentinian pesos, which was, in 2006, about $30 USD.
x-post WAYWRN - new Nagrani socks . . .
Yet something else dragged out of the archives - a suit I've not worn in six months or more. Happily, it still seems to fit.Suit - BB RegentShirt - BBGFTie - PRLCufflinks - a craft fair in the Recoletas district, Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPS - Robert TalbottShoes - Paul Stuart house brand [[SPOILER]]