Posts by upr_crust

For those of us without hair, every day is fedora day when the weather is below 16C.A new aspect of the new apartment - the small solarium, facing south. I've done what I can to allow one to see both the clothes and the view, but neither, I fear, is well served. At least the Crusty perch is back in the picture, after being reupholstered and restored.Suit - BBShirt - BBGFTie - CharvetCufflinks - David Donohue, via Cable Car Clothiers, SFBraces - Paul StuartPS - PRLShoes - C...
x-post WAYWRN - C & J Edgwares, Punto socks, BB suit trews . . .
I have made the right trade-off, and the lighting situation will correct itself with the onset of spring, when the plentiful natural light will spill into the apartment and illuminate me and the clothes properly.In the interim, I've done what I can to color-correct the photos taken with too-yellow light bulbs.
Trying photos from the same vantage point as yesterday, and trying to adjust the lighting temperature to something cooler than the very yellow lights of the nearest chandelier.Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeShirt - BBTie - Thomas PinkCufflinks - TyrwhittBraces - Paul StuartPS - BBShoes - Florsheim Royal Imperial (Magnanni)Topcoat - JABHat - Selentino, via JJ Hat CenterScarf - Ede & Ravenscroft [[SPOILER]]
x-post WAYWRN - Florsheim Royal Imperial (Magnanni), Nagrani socks, Phineas Cole suit trews . . .
x-post WAYWRN - Stefano Branchini shoes, Nagrani socks, BB suit trews . . .
Poses in yet another section of the apartment, recently cleared of packing boxes. A rainy day in NYC - none too inspiring for getting dressed up, but I endeavor . . .Suit - BBShirt - Thomas PinkTie - LewinVintage watch chainCufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of ArtShoes - Stefano BranchiniRaincoat - BurberryScarf - ZegnaHat - Weatherproof [[SPOILER]]
I assume this comment is on the posting I made on Friday, not on my posting of this morning, as I am wearing a brown suit today - not a natural match with black shoes.As it was, I was photographed by my MTM man at Brooks Bros. (whence Friday's suit came), as he wants to upload the shots of the suit (and me in it) to his Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook accounts for his professional life.
Even better - the page from Benson and Clegg's website:http://bensonandclegg.com/cufflinks/enamel-cufflinks/henry-VII-enamel-cufflinks
I've just come back from Rome - here are a couple of suggestions for eating venues . . . Osteria 44 - 44 Via Aureliana - Signor Sergio takes good care of all his customers - great space, excellent food and ambience. Hostaria Romana - Via del Boccaccio (not far from the Palazzo Quirinale) - a restaurant far off the tourist trail, with quintessentially Roman food Guida Ballerino - the rooftop restaurant at the Bernini Bristol Hotel at the Piazza Barberini - a modern...