or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

x-post WAYWRN and the Friday Challenge - Canali shoes, Gold Toe socks, BB suit trews . . .
The weather is warming up a bit in NYC - time to eschew waistcoats - but it's still cool and dry enough for a lightweight suit. The Friday Challenge is "drown in brown" - to wear as much brown as is possible, while still maintaining an attractive appearance. Being one who has never successfully "colored in between the lines", I chose shades of brown on the edge - a taupe suit and a rust tie - to go with tiger eye cufflinks and chocolate suede wingtips. I hope I qualify . ....
Alas, poor Daffy's - I knew it, Horatio, a discounter of infinitely low prices, though only occasional bargains.
One must balance one's appearance between looking as if one can afford the necessary services, but not that one can easily afford the necessary services. As it is, my contractor has achieved a good balance between cost and quality. We shall see if the decorator will also work the same way.
x-post WAYWRN - Paul Stuart house brand shoes, J & M socks, BBGF suit trews . . .
The weather remains cooler than normal for August in NYC, and I have to meet with my contractor and his decorator this evening, to discuss matters concerning the new apartment. I thought it might be nice to look as if I can afford their services - a triumph of appearance over reality.Suit - BBGFShirt - BBTie - Paul StuartCufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.PS - New & LingwoodVintage watch chainShoes - Paul Stuart house brand [[SPOILER]]
x-posts WAYWRN - Friday and today: Friday - Carmina, Punto, BB: Today - Bergdorf Goodman house brand, BB RLPL:
The weather in NYC is to be a bit cooler than average today and tomorrow, at least, so, while the weather remains mild, I return to suits. I've not worn today's suit in a couple of months - today's attire is a preview of the upcoming fall.Suit - RLPLShirt - BBTie - Drake'sCufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of ArtBraces - Trafalgar, via Paul StuartVintage watch chainShoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand [[SPOILER]]
Thank you, gentlemen. My former salesman at Paul Stuart always would suggest something bold for me, and on many occasions, that at which I would look askance on the hanger would look very suitable on me. Unhappily, that salesman has semi-retired to Naples, FL.
It is good to wear something other than shorts, polo shirts, and camp moccasins without socks - practical for an active construction site (as my new apartment has been for the last three days, and I babysitting, awaiting furniture deliveries), but not very interesting, sartorially.Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeShirt & trousers - BBTie - Michelson's via Thomas Farthing, LondonShoes - Carmina, via the Armoury, NYC [[SPOILER]]