or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

It is only as I had an idle moment this morning that I delved into this thread, and came across the quote above.First off, Jim, thank you for your praise.Secondly, my "style" such as it is, exists only because I work in the IT work, where if you're not violating the company's dress code in some egregious manner, or the local decency laws, you can wear whatever you like. I rarely if ever see people from "the outside", so I dress essentially to please myself. The men in my...
x-post WAYWRN - Paul Stuart (C & J) shoes, Sorley socks, BB suit trousers . . .
The weather will be warming up today in NYC, so I've opted for one of my most lightweight suits, and have dug into the archives to come up with tie, cufflinks, and shoes which I've not worn in a great while.Suit - BBShirt - LewinTie - HermesCufflinks - Venetian cased glass tesserae, bought at my local discounter for peanuts.PS - Robert TalbottShoes - Paul Stuart (C & J) [[SPOILER]]
Congratulations to my friend Mr. Knightley! And what will be our next challenge, sir?
Whereas Greg's face on Charley's head looks rather like one of those Neanderthal men in a diorama in a natural history museum . . .
As God said to the blonde when she bemoaned her fate at not winning the lottery, "Work with me on this - buy a ticket!".
x-post WAYWRN - yesterday and today - yesterday, Harris, BB, New & Lingwood; today - Septieme Largeur, BB, Paul Stuart
One of my few regrets from Sunday was that we four didn't have the opportunity for a proper photo op - with the crowds, we couldn't see you when we ventured out into the main area, and we were otherwise cloistered in the VIP section (easy access to food and drink has its temptations). The pleasure was ours to meet you and Mrs. Acute Style.
Today's tie is an example of a "challenging" article of clothing - its color demands a lot of attention, and it's a challenge to counterbalance it with the rest of an outfit. Let's see if I did OK with it, with this Anglo-French alliance of accessories.Suit - Paul StuartShirt - TyrwhittTie - CharvetBraces - LewinCufflinks - M P Levene, LondonPS - Alain FigaretShoes - Septieme Largeur, Paris [[SPOILER]]
Back to reality, after yesterday's dip into nostalgia.The temperatures are moderate today, so I'm taking advantage, getting another wearing out of one of my three-piece suits before such time at it will be too hot for them.Suit - New & LingwoodShirt - TyrwhittTie - CharvetCufflinks - BBPS - Robert TalbottBraces (not shown) Trafalgar for Paul StuartVintage watch chainShoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC [[SPOILER]]