or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

Channeling my inner Mr. Chips . . .
x-post WAYWRN . . .
Channeling my inner Mr. Chips. The Friday Challenge to wear a repp stripe tie - I took the bow tie variant of that.Suit - BBGFShirt - BBTie - PRLCufflinks - Natural History Museum, South Kensington, LondonPS - AshearVintage watch chainShoes - C & J MaltonsOvercoat - BBScarf - Olde England, Beauchamp Pl., LondonHat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center [[SPOILER]]
Seeing that clip reminded me of my first MTM fitting, in 2003, at Brooks Bros., which Martin did, when Brooks did all their MTM work through his factory. I had never had a suit made to measure before, and I wanted a three-piece suit. There were no three-piece suits ready-made in house, so Martin took his own waistcoat off, and had me wear it, in order so that he could take the measurements for it. He was wearing a heavy gold pocket watch, which he handed to me, and...
x-post WAYWRN . . .
Wednesday, and NYC is back to normal, albeit with about eight inches of snow, and colder weather than of late.Suit - New & LingwoodShirt - LewinTie - JABBraces - Paul StuartPS - Robert TalbottCufflinks - The London Badge and Button Co.Shoes - Harris, via Barney's BostonOvercoat - AdolfoScarf - Hilditch & KeyHat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center [[SPOILER]]
I normally lay out my clothes the night before (and very much out of habit - I lived for many years in a one-bedroom apartment with a retiree who lived his life "on Zsa-Zsa time" i.e. getting out of bed late, and going to bed late - crawling around in the dark looking for something to wear was not an option). It is only if I have a specific social engagement for which I want to wear a certain suit that I would plan my attire more than one day ahead.
Appearances are deceiving - I'm a horrid person, simply horrid .But, more seriously, I am of an age and of a mien that works well (at least I think) with the very formal (and sometimes old-fashioned) attire that I tend to sport. Ironically, I have been told (certainly in these fora) that my coloring is more suited to lighter colored suits (cadet blues, mid greys) and earth tones, which I do wear as well, though not usually in the winter months. I can see how color and...
A snow day in NYC - public transport is suspended, and I must work from home (a concept that I loathe - Home is where I DON'T work). But, to prove that I do not live my entire life in three-piece suits, today's attire. Leather jacket, cords, sweater, cap - BB Shirt - Lewin Scarf - Johnstons of Elgin Hiking boots - Keens
x-post WAYWRN . . .