Posts by upr_crust

This will be a short week, as I'm working from home Friday, and will be taking off for parts northeasterly Friday evening, coming back in time for Valentine's Day.Today's suit was an experiment - a top-of-the-line suit from JAB that was marked down so low that it was worth trying. Even with a second set of alterations, with taxes it cost me about $400.Suit & tie - JABShirt - BBPS - Robert TalbottShoes - Paul Stuart house brandOvercoat - BBScarf - Frank Stella, NYCHat -...
x-post WAYWRN - Paul Stuart house brand shoes, BB socks, JAB suit trews . . .
恭禧發財 - Gong Hai Fat Choy (assuming that your wife speaks Cantonese).
They are darker than yours, but not as dark as they appear in the photo - pre-dawn photography indoors.
Agreed. Getting the beans and the grilled tomatoes out of tweed is a real pain in the arse, as they do say in the UK.
Imitation is the highest form of flattery - C & J Maltons in chestnut . . .
x-post WAYWRN - C & J Maltons, BB socks, Phineas Cole suit trews . . .
It's Friday, and I am dining out this evening with a former colleague and his fiancee. As he was one of the few of my colleagues who ever had an interest in clothes, I thought that dragging out this ensemble would be of interest to him.Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeShirt - DunhillTie - Andrew's TiesWaistcoat - Ede & RavenscroftBraces - Paul StuartPS & cufflinks - New & LingwoodShoes - C & JOvercoat - BBScarf - Paul StuartHat - Selentino [[SPOILER]]
Thank you, Lancaster. In the official pecking order of English nobility, dukes rank below princes, then it's marquesses, earls, viscounts, and barons, in that order, so I guess I look like a duke, in your estimation, at least. Unfortunately, looking like a duke, and having the estates of a duke are not equivalent states of being - I guess I will have to continue as I am, an aging corporate drone .
There is nothing of particular note in today's attire, other than the fact that it is Thursday, and not a moment too soon.Thank you all for your comments from yesterday in re: smile/no smile, glasses/no glasses. An interesting experiment, but future posts will be limited to smile and glasses, unless one or both is forbidden by a Friday Challenge.Suit - New & LingwoodShirt - BB MTMTie - PRLCufflinks - a craft fair outside of the historic Basilica de Nuestra Senora del...