or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

x-post WAYWRN - Paul Stuart house brand shoes, BB socks and trews . . .
Today's attire was chosen for a variety of reasons. Today's suit needs one more wearing, before I send it off to my alterations tailor (the jacket and waistcoat, not seen today, are a bit loose), and then the dry cleaner. Today's shirt was chosen because I have an appointment with a stylist at Knotstandard early this evening. The son of one of my longtime co-workers is now working for Knotstandard in their DC showroom, and offered me a complimentary shirt for trying them...
My modest contribution to this week's challenge, then . . . [[SPOILER]]
x-post WAYWRN - New & Lingwood shoes, Nagrani socks, BB suit trousers . . .
Back to the office, back to a suit . . .Suit & shirt - BBTie - vintage (Banbury Cross, a small menswear shop long since gone, made by Reis of New Haven, also defunct, I assume)PS - AshearShoes - New & Lingwood [[SPOILER]]
Both things you do well - biatch. Oh, well, your loss, not being in the game . . .
Moi? Having a "lifestyle"? Not today, at least - a home in khakis and a polo shirt, waiting for the A/C repairman. Did have something of a "lifestyle event" last night - dinner with Mr. Claymore, he resplendent in a grey, bold stripe three-piece double-breasted suit, but, alas, we were too busy talking to have a non-selfie "selfie" taken.
The color of the buttons does not come through on the photos - my error - so go forth and wear the jacket in good health .
The jacket fits you very well. I only hope that you also have the trousers to that suit jacket, since, in these parts, orphaned suit jackets are frowned upon for use as odd jackets. That being said, you look very smart in it.
Back from three days away, schlepping to and from northern Vermont, which was more of an adventure than anticipated (our rental car broke a tie rod connection, and Zipcar does not provide replacements in areas where they do not have other Zipcars - we were saved only by the kindness of our waitress from dinner, who gave us a lift back to our hotel, and my cousins, who drove us to the nearest car rental spot, an hour's drive away, where, by the skin of our teeth, we were...