Posts by upr_crust

This evening, I am attending another book party for Nathaniel Adams and Rose Callahan's book, "We Are Dandy", at the National Arts Club on Gramercy Park. For such an occasion, I thought that I could add a few flamboyant details, hence the tie and the cufflinks.Suit - New & LingwoodShirt - Hilditch & KeyTie - CharvetCufflinks - DVVS, NYCPS - Robert TalbottBraces - BBBoots - Paul StuartOvercoat - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeHat - Selentino, via JJ Hat CenterScarf - Fortnum &...
x-post WAYWRN - Paul Stuart boots, Pantherella socks, New & Lingwood suit trews . . .
Lovely ties, Tweedy, and thank you for your kind thoughts, but my late husband died some seven and a half years ago, and I have had the great good fortune to have remarried someone very different than my first husband, but an equally excellent partner. How I lucked out twice is still a mystery to me, but, as they say, "I'll take it!".
Proper hats (as opposed to hipster skinny-brimmed abominations) for someone your age would be an act of rebellion, or at least rather extreme retro styling.It is good for those of us with a dearth of follicles that nowadays one can shave one's head without needing also to wear skintight acid-washed jeans and 20-eyelet Doc Martens.As for my husband (and his loss), he was some 23 years my senior, though I can tell you that the loss of a spouse is an order of magnitude more...
One of the advantages of getting older is that one can affect styles with greater impunity. Prior to the death of my first husband, I had expressed the desire for a Homburg, to which he said, 'You're too young to wear a Homburg". After his death, as a 54-year-old widower, I figured then I was old enough to wear a Homburg.A beanie (i.e. a knit cap) would be the only thing that I could imagine would fit under a bicycle helmet. When I travel, the fedoras stay home - I wear...
For those of us without hair, every day is fedora day when the weather is below 16C.A new aspect of the new apartment - the small solarium, facing south. I've done what I can to allow one to see both the clothes and the view, but neither, I fear, is well served. At least the Crusty perch is back in the picture, after being reupholstered and restored.Suit - BBShirt - BBGFTie - CharvetCufflinks - David Donohue, via Cable Car Clothiers, SFBraces - Paul StuartPS - PRLShoes - C...
x-post WAYWRN - C & J Edgwares, Punto socks, BB suit trews . . .
I have made the right trade-off, and the lighting situation will correct itself with the onset of spring, when the plentiful natural light will spill into the apartment and illuminate me and the clothes properly.In the interim, I've done what I can to color-correct the photos taken with too-yellow light bulbs.
Trying photos from the same vantage point as yesterday, and trying to adjust the lighting temperature to something cooler than the very yellow lights of the nearest chandelier.Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeShirt - BBTie - Thomas PinkCufflinks - TyrwhittBraces - Paul StuartPS - BBShoes - Florsheim Royal Imperial (Magnanni)Topcoat - JABHat - Selentino, via JJ Hat CenterScarf - Ede & Ravenscroft [[SPOILER]]
x-post WAYWRN - Florsheim Royal Imperial (Magnanni), Nagrani socks, Phineas Cole suit trews . . .