or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

Today's attire reflects two new items picked up while abroad - today's shoes, and the double-breasted waistcoat, wore here only for demonstration purposes, as it will be near 90F/32C here in NYC today - not a day for an extra layer of clothing. Both were picked up on sale - the shoes from Septieme Largeur in Paris, and the waistcoat from Ede & Ravenscroft in London.Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeShirt - BBTie - CharvetBraces - LewinCufflinks - New & LingwoodWaistcoat &...
x-post WAYWRN - BB shoes and trousers, Perofil socks . . .
I'm back, after fifteen nights abroad - London, Paris, and Cornwall - mild, hot, and cool, weather-wise, respectively. I did some retail damage while abroad, the results of which will be filtering into this thread as time and weather permit.Today's jacket is one of the items picked up on this last trip - Ede & Ravenscroft, and the fit is exactly as it was when I took it off the rack. It's cotton, and it got worn several times over the course of my trip.Jacket - Ede &...
A double-breasted waistcoat will be doubly awesome - now, all we need is fall weather . . .
Currently, I have a few shirts RTW with eyelet collars, some from Brooks, one or two from Tyrwhitt. As I like eyelet collars with double cuffs, a combination rarer than hen's teeth, I have to have such shirts made for me (the one I wore Monday was made for me by Brooks Bros).I have a few tab collared shirts from Brooks, that I've had made, but the collars are very short, hence my favoring of eyelet collars, which have longer points and are taller.
Thanks, Cleav - you enjoy your travels as well, and sorry to be missing you in the UK.
x-post WAYWRN - Harris shoes, BB socks, JAB suit trousers . . .
Today is the last day this week that I'll be suited up, as I travel tomorrow evening for parts northeasterly from New York, across "the pond" as they do say, and I'll be on vacation for two weeks. That being said, I'm having lunch today with a lawyer at the World Financial Center, so I've dressed to look as if I belong in that venue - at the very least, not too scruffy.Suit - JAB Signature PlatinumShirt - TyrwhittTie - BBBraces - J PressCufflinks - TiffanyShoes - Harris,...
I never knew that Stavanger, Norway was a center for blues singing . . .
x-post WAYWRN, and the Friday Challenge this week - Paul Stuart house brand shoes, Pantherella socks, and BB trousers . . .