or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

Blue skies, blue suit. I've a charity event to attend this evening, and thought that I should "push the boat out" a bit with my attire today. I hope that I've succeeded.Suit - Paul StuartShirt - Thomas PinkTie - CharvetPS - RLPLBraces - Paul StuartCufflinks - DVVS, NYCShoes - Harris, via Barney's NYCPenhaligon's Eau Sans Pareil [[SPOILER]]
I'm out, unfortunately - the suit I plan on wearing Friday really only works with a solid blue shirt - you'll see the reason when I post to WAYWRN.
x-post WAYWRN . . .
Bright day, grey suit.Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeShirt - BBTie - Thomas PinkPS - Robert TalbottBraces - LewinCufflinks - some London venue, long since forgotten and out of businessShoes - Stefano Branchini, via Bergdorf'sTrumper's Extract of Limes [[SPOILER]]
Yeah, the short Jewish kid with the slingshot.
There's a difference between one and the other?
Part of the reason that many of us are on this forum (or forums like it) is that it is a relatively rare thing for men to care about their attire to the extent that we (as a group) do. The Internet erases geographic limitations insofar as bringing together people with specialized interests - hence all our involvements here.
As Stitchy said - a little bit, but not necessarily to the point where sartorial surgery would be necessary, IMHO.Soporific Nirvana is not in your personality - don't change your style just to curry favor with the local mindset.
x-post WAYWRN . . .
So far, in NYC today, it's a grey day. Grey day, black suit.Suit - Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece RegentShirt & tie - Brooks Bros.Cufflinks - TiffanyShoes - Crockett & Jones EdgwaresPenhaligon's Douro [[SPOILER]]