or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

x-post WAYWRN - Paul Stuart house brand shoes, BB socks, Ede & Ravenscroft suit trousers . . .
This evening is the Garden Party at the Frick Museum, a once-a-year event for which the museum opens its gardens to the attendees (they are otherwise off limits to all save the gardeners). It's always a colorful event, hence the eye-popping, less-than-conventional color scheme adopted today. If nothing else, it will give the other partygoers something about which to talk.Suit - Ede & RavenscroftShirt - BBTie - CanaliWaistcoat - Favourbrook, LondonBraces - Paul StuartPS -...
As a veteran hat wearer, I agree entirely with Epicure's observations. I will also add that,especially for one's first foray into hat wearing, that the purchase be made at a proper hat store. Hats rank with eyeglasses in terms of being very dependent on the exact appearance of one's person, overall, in order to work visually, or not. One hat can look well on one person, and look terrible on another.
x-post WAYWRN - C & J, BB socks, RLPL suit trousers . . .
I am having lunch with my former colleague's son, he of KnotStandard, so I thought that I would eschew "casual Friday" and go full bore suited.Suit - RLPLShirt - Hilditch & KeyTie - BBBraces (not shown) - LewinCufflinks - Niletti CreationsVintage watch chainShoes - C & J [[SPOILER]]
x-post WAYWRN - C & J shoes, J & M socks, Phineas Cole suit trousers . . .
Last night's event at KnotStandard was lively, to say the least - a DJ, waiters serving hors d'oeuvres (of a vegetarian nature - quinoa sliders and vegetarian sushi-like creations), a crush of people, most of them young enough to be my spawn (a condition that increases with every day), and a bar with only one beleaguered barman (rather unequal to the task of keeping the masses well-lubricated). The showroom was nicely designed, and all that it should be - well-lit, airy,...
Today's shoes are on the 224 last, which is less narrow (and more comfortable, for me, at least) than the 199, for which I have to go up a half size.
^^^^ Dennis, it's always a pleasure (for me, at least) to see your postings. As for the jokes, I was having flashback to my last year of Latin class, which was only shortly after the end of the last Ice Age.This evening, I've been invited by the son of a former colleague to the grand opening of the new showroom for KnotStandard in NYC. My former colleague wants me to teach his son how to dress; the son, I suspect, wishes to curry favor with his employer, with the...
x-post WAYWRN - Septieme Largeur shoes, BB socks, New & Lingwood suit trousers . . .