or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

I would have to agree that, for the theme of this week's challenge, my entry was borderline, but the alternatives in my tie collection were rather sparse (I've recently purged most of the large-format 1990's prints from Hermes and Ferragamo - a tie with parrots from Ferragamo would have been my alternate choice). However, since I've never worn this tie before, and it went with the other items that I wanted to wear today, I chose it. I'll let the voters determine that the...
My entry for this week's challenge - not a novelty fabric pattern or color, bur certainly a novelty of shape - diamond-cut bow ties are rare on the ground in these precincts.
Friday and the holiday season. The Friday Challenge is to wear a novelty tie. The fabric pattern and material of today's tie are not especially novel, but a diamond-shaped bow tie in this day and age is certainly a novelty.Blazer, waistcoat, trousers, shirt - BBBow tie - PRLPS - no brand nameBoots - Cheaney, via HarrodsOvercoat - BBScarf - Barney's NYCHat - Selentino [[SPOILER]]
x-post WAYWRN . . .
For a bunch of straight guys (for the most part), the posters on this forum are crotch-obsessed, even if you're obsessed about NOT seeing them.
I believe he's just saying that he likes your facial hair. (It does seem to suit you, IMHO).
I think what might be bothering you is the extreme color coordination between my attire today and the jewelry - the cufflinks picking up the red stripe of the shirt, and the lapis ring picking up the blues of most everything else - perhaps a bit too matchy-matchy for your taste?As it is, today's shirt is a beast to coordinate with a suit, and a challenge to find a tie that works without being obvious (the navy satin is pretty much all that I have that works with it). The...
x-post WAYWRN . . .
Putting together something from the "junk" portion of the wardrobe (at least suit and shirt . . .)Suit - JAB Signature PlatinumShirt - LewinTie - BBCufflinks - Benson & Clegg, LondonPS - PRLShoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brandOvercoat - BBScarf - Ede & RavenscroftHat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center [[SPOILER]]
I know that feeling only too well . . .