or Connect

Posts by upr_crust

[quote name="heldentenor" url="/t/253842/waywrn-classic-menswear-casual-style/22695#post_8728441"Mitch's (@mossrockss ) analogy above works in both contexts--thinking of an ensemble as a distinct lead element with harmonious accompaniments. [/quote] Expressed in more operatic terms (something that at least heldentenor will appreciate), many years ago, the Bulgarian basso profundo Boris Christoff and soprano Maria Callas appeared in an operatic production together. After...
x-post WAYWRN - Paul Stuart boots, Gold Toe socks, BB cords . . .
This morning was a very early start, as my husband is taking an early flight to the UK, necessitating him getting up at an ungodly hour of the morning, and waking me in the process. This fact, and the fact that it's Friday has meant that "complicated" attire is not on the schedule for today - something somewhat more casual was called for.Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas ColeShirt, corduroys - BBBow tie - PRLPS - Drake's, via the ArmouryBoots - Paul StuartOvercoat -...
Perhaps the adjective for which you were looking was "formidable", which in English has some of the same sense as "intimidating". Now you know why I wear glasses and smile in my photos .
I give all the credit to Google images, Laurence Fellows, and my MTM guy at BB for all being in sync on this one The cigarette I could do without, but I would dearly have loved to have had a carnation.
My entry for this week - no white socks, though . . .
x-post WAYWRN - C & J Edgwares, Punto socks, BB suit trews . . .
Today's choice of attire was determined by the Friday Challenge. The theme is "Laurence Fellows", the men's fashion illustrator active during the 30's and 40's. The assignment is to take one of his illustrations as an inspiration for one's attire. Below is my interpretation.Suit & shirt - BB MTMTie & PS - BBCufflinks - British MuseumVintage watch chainShoes - C & JTopcoat - Turnbull & AsserHat - Selentino, via JJ Hat CenterScarf - Paul Stuart [[SPOILER]] The Laurence...
Americans learn the phrase from the lyrics of the operetta "Die Fledermaus", and Prince Orlovsky sings "Chacun a son gout" - I will blame it on poetic license.
Welcome to Styleforum, where strongly held opinions are quite common.In the context of the other accessories with which you wore the velvet jacket (grey flannel trousers and a plain white shirt), a four-in-hand tie isn't that out of place. Had you been wearing a tuxedo shirt and trousers, I would have found the four-in-hand tie more out of place, but that is my personal preference. Velvet jackets get dressed up and down a good deal - you took a somewhat more casual...