or Connect

Posts by Boognish

Well Crane's, as much as I wanted to love the P238, I just couldn't choose a SA over a DA for pocket carry. The little Ruger just disappears in a pocket, and I imagine it's only going to get better once my holster gets made. I'll make something in .06 kydex in the meantime.
Think of a gun's firing mechanism (regardless of the type...hammer fired double action, hammer fired single action, striker fired double action only, combinations the three, etc.) as a mouse trap. SA- (single actions or SA like a 1911 platform) are meant to be carried with the hammer cocked, and have an external safety (and often times an internal firing pin safety a la Series 80 1911s) to keep the sear from inadvertantly dropping the hammer on the chambered round. Pro...
Quote: Originally Posted by hollowsleather I'd be happy to triple my price if it gets me more quality cred You need more hyperbolic tales of game-changing gimmicks and goofy mysticism on your site.
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's Yeah, it's not like guns weren't sold at the store for 80 years or so. If we get one again I'm going to do something like Buds. I'll also develop an awesome program for LE and active military guys. Right now I can get and sell everything but actual firearms. The amount of items I could put online is in the tens of thousands and is a daunting task in and of itself. I'll probably launch another commerce site just for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by blazingazn Hey Crane's, Why do you need so many extra clips, lol! Planning a trip to Camden, New Jersey soon? . . . Magazines. Not clips. They're the weakest part of any magazine fed firearm, and plenty if spares is always a good idea. I try to have at least a dozen per platform. Have a malfunction? Drop your mag and snap in a fresh one. Carrying a spare mag isn't about force multiplication.
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's 200 rounds of mixed ammo through the little Sig. No FTF, NFE, no misfires. Oh and we are talking about getting an FFL again. You should...not enough true general stores around these days.
I'm baffled by the amount of people that question the legitimacy of knives as part of EDC.
Quote: Originally Posted by blazingazn can someone recommend a low price / high quality and value flashlight? hoping it's quite small. . . Surefire G2
Damn, now I'm thinking more and more about that little Sig. I need something for pocket carry, and I don't know which route to take. I traded off a P3AT a while back, and never really cared for it or its lack of quality. I'm debating the Micro Eagle, the Ruger LCP (or LC9 if I can pocket carry it), the Rohrbaugh R9, or the 238. I've handled the Micro Eagle, and slide bite is a problem for me, even compared to other mouse guns. The LCP looks and feel just like the...
Quote: Originally Posted by madmadigan This is what I'm talking about!!! Pffft, that's bush league. I'd be more impressed if he used a step ladder to drop into the jeans with both legs simultaneously, so as not to disturb the creases whilst putting them on. Everyone knows that the one-leg-at-a-time guys have less than superior fades.