or Connect

Posts by Kas

Groningen State Fair by npmeijer, on Flickr Was thinking of getting this HDR, but the Photoshop HDR function is meh and I don't have Photomatrix yet.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr Herbert i have starting strength and disagree with his squat style, and imagine it would bore anyone not seriously interested in strength training Why's that?
Barefoot running.. while wearing shoes? If you mean that you want to run like you would run while barefoot, then I would say go for it regardless of your weight: heel strike just isn't a good idea. Here's an experiment you can try at home: stand on a relatively soft surface, like a carpet and bounce one foot on the forefoot. Now try with the entire foot. You will feel that bouncing it with only the forefoot is like using it as a spring. Now which do you think is better...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I do dumbell squats. I don't have the rack thingy to use a barbell. I guess that makes me a pussy? DB goblet squats I assume? It's just that you can't move as much weight, but you can increase the number of reps. Squat racks are pretty cheap by the way, it's the good barbell that will set you back.
Quote: Originally Posted by jack220 with a point and shoot digital camera, whats the best way to take fit pictures? Zoom in all the way (ie object becomes large) and moving back further away, lighting (natural light?), camera level (eye-level, or slightly below?) etc. I'm not sure on how your specific point&shoot works, but with SLRs you generally want a moderate zoom (85mm-105mm on fullframe) for portraits - get too close and certain...
Same reason why some bodybuilders smoke pot: less stress.
Quote: Originally Posted by suited It does matter when there are non-gimmicky methods that allow you to gain weight without putting on copious amounts of unwanted body fat. Unfortunately, the fitness world is plagued by countless (equally stupid) methods of gaining/losing weight that nobody will listen to you unless you have some sort of angle. I've seen that logic used countless times before, and it almost always ends with regret. "I'm skinny, I can...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma Because it is not exactly true (in the sense that the causes are not religious), basically Malays were 48-49% in the 50s and economically inferior so the "Muslim" policies are motivated by an ethnic component more than anything Religious. Now they're a lot more numerous (natality went up like it has been empirically proven to do so in similar situations not involving Islam), it has now gone down to normal and will reach...
Quote: Originally Posted by suited Don't take any article seriously that says "25lbs of weight gain is common within 1 month". It's impossible for the human body to build 25 lean pounds in 4 weeks. The average weight gain (at the high end) for an individual on their first cycle of anabolic steroids is about 25-30lbs, in 10 weeks - and that's NOT all muscle. There will be water weight and fat. Attempting to gain 25lbs in a month is a sure fire...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eason Whoa now, both Malaysia and Indonesia are Muslim? I thought it could be one, but not the other. I've never met a Muslim Malaysian. You're joking right? Malaysia is a country pretending to be a secular muslim state, but the muslim UMNO party has been in control since the country started. Moreover, while the Shariah only legally applies to Muslims there, as a non-muslim you still have to deal with it a lot:...