or Connect

Posts by Kas

I'm not sure about Kuala Lumpur. Lived there for 6 months, which allowed me to see past the pretty buildings and nice weather - Malaysia's a corrupt and hypocritical country. And in a different way than Thailand, it's the moralizing that gets me.
Quote: Originally Posted by il ciclista try upping the ISO and lowering the aperture (f/3.5 at 18mm etc..) other than that you could get a faster lens if you don't want to use flash like the 35mm 1.8. Another route would be trying to make some sort of diffuser for your built in flash so you could bounce it upwards. Problem with 18mm is the distortion you get, especially with portraits. That said, I second the 35/1,8: it's pretty much my...
Quote: Originally Posted by allaboutshoes Just picked up a Nikon D3000 and an 18-55 Lens. Anyone have some input? It seems that all indoor pictures come put the same with the flash Any suggestions? Got a D3000 myself, I think it's a good camera but right now I'm yearning for more (d700). What do you mean with your last sentence?
Quote: Originally Posted by acidboy even if singapore gets 100million visitors a year it still a tired and boring place. Ya know, I can only judge it from having been absent from it: but I lived in Kuala Lumpur for 6 months, so I had plenty of opportunities to go to Singapore. But all the other places north of Malaysia were so much more appealing to me that I never went.
Singapore is an important layover hub. Just because people check in to the airport, doesn't mean they're actually visiting Singapore.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: supplement laws in the USA fucking suck, and they will not improve in the near future.
I'm looking into getting a second-hand Nikon d700 and see them advertised for around 800-1200 euro. A new one would be about 2200 euro. What's a good price for it? To be honest, I'm looking for any Nikon full-frame, but the D3s and D3x are both over 4k, which is a little out of my budget.
Thai Buddhas - HDR by npmeijer, on Flickr A HDR from 1 shot. Looks way more like it actually looked in real life than I can get from 1 exposure. Anyway, I'm looking into getting a second-hand Nikon d700 and see them advertised for around 800-1200 euro. A new one would be about 2200 euro. What's a good price for it? To be honest, I'm looking for any Nikon full-frame, but the D3s and D3x are both over 4k, which is a little out of my budget.
Holiday in Gothenburg, Sweden. Two HDR pics: Poseidon Gothenburg - HDR by npmeijer, on Flickr The Island Styrsö - HDR by npmeijer, on Flickr
Make sure the color matches your purse.