or Connect

Posts by Kas

Il ciclista: cool picture! As for the advice, can't you do the shot over? Much earlier in this thread Crane's gave the advice that you should get the shot right from the camera - at the time I was under the impression that photoshop can fix most stuff, but I'm starting to see that he's right really. Surely this shot can be retaken under more favorable conditions? As for myself I'm thinking about photojournalism and editorial stuff: from all the pictures I've taken in the...
Strobist.com is great to be honest. Maybe a group on flickr?
Much better Mr. Moo! A couple of obligatory tourist pics from London, my new home for the next couple of months. I didn't really have a set idea for today, so it's all sorts of things: street photography, HDR, remote controlled strobes - just enjoying myself! This is the first time I went shooting with my new Nikon d7k. I hope you like 'm! (these are just a few samples, there's more in the set) http://www.flickr.com/photos/npmeijer/sets/72157627561269675/ Businessman,...
Christmas and Easter fell on the same day: got my Nikon D7000 today and confirmed that I will be doing my internship in London, starting next week probably!
I'm not sure on how the law works in the US, but I'm assuming it's fairly consistent with Dutch law. As far as I know, if you make a portrait for someone - that someone owns the distribution rights to that picture, thus limiting your rights as the author. How much you want to limit the client's rights is often arranged in a quitclaim. Usually clauses regarding the following are included: duration of contract, description of assignment, distribution (number of prints for...
Ordered a D7000 yesterday, had hoped it would arrive today but alas. Port Dickson by npmeijer, on Flickr I like the colors and composition. But I'm not sure on whether or not I should crop it more: I'm not really set on the lack of trees in the upper left corner. However, if I crop it there I won't have the tourists on the left, and the tourists left and locals right is something I like about the shot. What do you think?
I like the first one the best Szeph, the big grey cloud takes up a little too much space for my tastes - would've preferred a tighter crop.Mr Moo: like the 3rd one the best, the V-form in the middle really makes the composition, 4th is cool too. Don't really like the half-tree in nr2.Krp480: he's wearing a black shirt, a black cap and shows black records - why didn't you go for a black background, added a backlight to separate him from the background and turn it into a low...
Great stuff lately. As said earlier, I just got an external flash and am playing around with it - some projects turn out pretty well, others not so. This particular one turned out pretty good I think. Le Baiser, Rodin by npmeijer, on Flickr TO Tie Guy: what's that in the middle of the Salar Lake (first pic)? My eyes keep going to that thing, was that intentional? The second pic is phenomenal: easily one of the best HDRs I've seen in a while. Crane's: I like the first...
Szeph: are you sure there are no "blown out" blacks? I would think the iPad is calibrated best.
Haha, now that you mention it - didn't even see it. No, that was by accident!