or Connect

Posts by Kas

Some awesome black and white shots recently! My pics are from my holiday trip to Morocco in the past 2 weeks. Everything shot with the x-pro1 with the 35/1,4 lens. Was very challenging to be limited to 1 focal length, but I think the pics turned out alright. Sahara Desert by npmeijer, on Flickr Alone in the Desert by npmeijer, on Flickr Atlas Mountains by npmeijer, on Flickr Marrakech Mosque by npmeijer, on Flickr More in the...
"Love" the coffee shot NOBD, really cool! Nice carpics sugarbutch, the blue/red one especially! Not really feeling it mr monty; just not that great lighting. Yesterday was Queen's day in the Netherlands (national holiday) - and it's pretty much an excuse for people to get completely wasted. Anyway, last year I was the official club photographer, this year they had a different one (who didn't do that great a job to be honest) but I brought my new fuji x-pro1 with the 35mm...
Before I went to London for 5 months I bought a Nikon D7000. While I took some cool pictures with it that I wouldn't have been able to take with something else (especially those of the Occupy protests), I did find it to be a little heavy and every time I wanted to take some pictures it felt a little like an expedition to take that camera with all the lenses with me. So I sold it all in February when I returned and decided to buy something smaller. I was in doubt between...
Jetblast: I actually like the Tokyo pics more, the one with the building is really cool. I'm not really feeling the London pics actually. Some touristy stuff from today: Duck Island Cottage by npmeijer, on Flickr Lancaster House Guard by npmeijer, on Flickr
Jetblast's airplane shot is definitely the best one of the last few pages, great light. Captainfunk's Miami pic is really cool too. Not really feeling the flower pics. Got a new lens, the Sigma 12-24mm today, and decided to test it right away. Using such an extreme wide-angle lens is quite different to what I'm used to; I have been using my 35mm prime most of the time (1.5x crop frame), and sometimes the 18-55 kit-lens - so this pretty cool. If you look closely at the...
Along those lines; when it's really crowded, and people stand two feet from the yellow line. You can't move to that spot because it's blocked from all sides. I don't get it, the train isn't going to magically change course and hit you - that yellow line is plenty of buffer: so stand the fuck on it. It's empty space, therefore inefficient and if there's anything I absolutely hate it is inefficiency. ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN.
il ciclista: the change from light the light purple wrapper to the darker one is a fun touch. NOBD: nice shot, this is definitely one that warrants a panorama. The nice people at the British Museum allowed me to bring a tripod (1,5 week of e-mailing to get a permit if you want to go there with a tripod as well) so I could redo one of my previous shots, plus a few more: British Museum II v2 by npmeijer, on Flickr British Museum III by npmeijer, on Flickr
il ciclista: pretty cool, but graffiti is usually very colourful - how's the colour version on this one? Binge: the cat's head is a little too central for me. bwong337: really cool pics, makes me consider shooting film! From me: Hyde Park Corner Haunted Mansion by npmeijer, on Flickr Liking the composition with the diagonal line the trees and mansion make interrupted by the Grim Reaper's head, but not sure on the saturation: pumped it up +10 in Lightroom although I...
Cool shots eglbc, how did you get those effects? il ciclista: pretty nice, but my eyes simultaneously want to go to the middle front cupcake (because it's in focus) and the point where the red door, table edge, wall and carpet collide (because of the relatively high contrast) - so my eyes keep going back and forth. Today from the British Museum: British Museum I - Aphrodite Crouching by npmeijer, on Flickr British Museum II by npmeijer, on Flickr
I like the idea of the floating leaf, I bet you can do more with the concept too! Not feeling the self-portrait il ciclista. From my side: London Eye by npmeijer, on Flickr