or Connect

Posts by walds11

I'll get them one way or another, LOL! If Mike can't get them, then I'll order from Alden DC or SF. I'd like to see them in the flesh. I've never had a penny loafer before and also need to nail down sizing on the Van last. The CXL loafer will make a great all-around business casual/casual shoe that I should get tons of use out of. I know Mike stocks the same model in snuff suede, so I could try it on for size.
Per Mike Sherman at Sherman Brothers..."These shoes were just announced so we don't have them yet. I can check Monday for availability and let you know."It appears that this shoe has been added to the standard full stock offerings in the Alden catalogue. I'll know today more today when Mike gets back to me.
Just a follow-up here. Nice CXL penny loafers that will make a great business casual and casual shoe. I am big on slip-on shoes and this is probably the only Alden slip-on shoe that I'd buy.http://www.aldenshoe.com/DrawProducts.aspx?Action=GetDetails&CategoryID=5&ProductID=122&PageID=8I emailed my local Alden dealer Sherman Brothers about this shoe. He said they were just announced and will check with Alden on availability. I'd like to see these in the flesh and not...
How is the arch support on the Van slip-ons? My feet are flat and border line narrow. The vamp on these are low, but not super low. A higher cut vamp on a slip-on shoe usually helps compensate my foot type.
These jeans were delivered today. And I got a nice discount Very nice dark wash with some fading and distressing. The low-straight fit is amazing http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11750066&cp=1760781.4218845.2632366&MobileOptOut=1&ab=rlmobile_footer_viewfullsite Being in between sizes is tough sometimes, but decided to size down. They are a little snug in the waist and hips, but should stretch some, plus I am trimming down a little.
Lined or unlined in just the forefront part of the shoe? The sole is different as well, correct?
Thanks guys. It seems that the general consensus is TB sizing is fairly similar to Van sizing. I think Sherman Brothers stocks one of the penny models, so it may be worth going there to get sized up on the Van.What's the difference between the Unlined Flex Penny Loafer and the Lined version? Is one going to fit any different than the other?I am a big fan of slip-on shoes and the LHS is the only Alden slip-on shoe that I'd buy, based on looks.
Guys, I have a sizing question. I am an 8.5D in the Trubalance Last. What size would work for me in the Van Last? I am really digging the County Calf LHS from TSM. Love the light tan color and texture of the calf leather. I wonder when TSM will be throwing them up live on the website? I am also digging the Unlined Flex Penny Loafer in brown chromexcel from Alden SF. This is LHS, correct? Not sure which one I'd choose if I had to pick just one. Hmm...?
Damn, those are amazing looking! They will make a nice spring/summer shoe. Are they part of the Handsewn Leisure line? Van Last? When are they expected to hit TSM's website?
Nice pickup! I prefer light to medium weight jeans. I may pick up a pair of Low Straight Dark-Wash jeans that I referenced in my post above.