or Connect

Posts by walds11

Here is some feedback in regards to the wear and tear of my Rancourt Driving Mocs. I don’t wear them frequently, maybe once or twice a week at the most. I don't walk on hard surfaces frequently with these either. Most of the wear has been on the bottom rear corners of the shoe, especially on the right shoe, and not so much on the rubber nubs. Some of that has to do with the makeup of my feet, my gait, etc. With that being said, I may be better off with the Tod’s Gommino...
I agree! From my limited experience handling Tods, they definitely are more narrow looking. The Rancourts use thicker materials (both the outer and liner). The liner and footbed are soft and very comfy. The Rancourt driver is more substantial and more structured than most drivers, which is a good thing.
You are probably correct. Plus I have a pair Rancourts already, so I'm very familiar with them. The Rancourts are very comfortable.I'm not sure what you mean there. The Tods are sort of squared toe vs. Rancourts rounded toe, so wouldn't the Rancourts have the more narrow toe aesthetic?Now, if I really want the Tod's city or spyder driver sole, that changes things. Rancourts only does the traditional rubber dot driver sole. But still worth the extra $150?No mention of price...
Sorry, they didn't give me any more details. They just said to look out for changes on the website. My guess is that the pricing will go up, especially on shell, so go for it! I'm very impressed with their custom page. There are a lot of options.As much as I want to pull the trigger on the Rancourt Penny Driver Bitter Chocolate suede MTOs for $345, I can't get the Tod's out of my head. But are they worth the extra $150??? The Rancourts are a great value alternative though.
I'm going to ask them for a rendering of the Penny Driver in Bitter Chocolate Repello Suede so I can get a better idea what it looks like.Hahaha! It's all good. We all have our opinions, although sometimes they can be strong and over the top
I spoke to a rep at Rancourt this morning. They are in the process of revamping their MTO structure, so MTO prices may change. In my instance, where I’d just be changing the leather for suede, it would be an additional $50. I’m looking at doing this Penny Driving Moc in Bitter Chocolate Repello suede.It's a nice value at $345, considering most of the high end European drivers are $400-500+.
Not quite sold out, but very limited quantities online.
I hear you on the Tod's. They are quite pricey, but I have no problem plopping down the money if I really like them. I'm really digging the Tod's City Spyder Moc Drivers.So true that the full driver sole version isn't any more durable than the regular version. My bad there. I wouldn't wear them trekking through the city anyways. I do like that the full sole version has more support though.Rancourt quoted me $60 for the MTO fee back in August. I'm waiting to hear back from...
Those are very nice. I have my eye on these in the penny style. They are the City Gommino Loafers, which have a full rubber driver sole. They are more durable than the regular Gommino Drivers.I also have my eye on these Tod's City Spyder Moc Drivers. I really like the contrasting full rubber driving sole.http://store.tods.com/Tods/US/categories/Shop-Man/Collection/Shoes/City-Gommino-Loafers/City-Spyder-Moccasins-in-Suede/p/XXM0VH00050NARS800I'm still thinking about getting...
No problem man!I got an email from RL with a 10% off code, which can be stacked online with the 40% off sale styles. I called my SA and he checked with his manager about stacking the code in store. No go The items are not available online, so I have no choice but to go through the store in this instance.