or Connect

Posts by cocostella

X-post from cigar thread: Sig1 with 1972 MacCallan Speymalt.
^Sweetness. Sig1 with 1972 MacCallan Speymalt.
^Agreed.
Gin Ricky abomination, that's actually refreshing and getting the job done. Beefeater, lime juice, Regan's Orange, agave nectar and seltzer water. Had most everything laid out for a Hemingway, but discovered Cointreau was almost cashed.
... Or both.
Far out. Have a safe drive and enjoy Alpine!
It's in a pretty cool 'hood, has solid juke box, great atmosphere and well above average food to boot. Owner's one of my BFFs, is a cicerone (sp?) and takes his shit seriously. Highly recommend, along with Hamilton's Tavern and Monkey Paw, his other joints.How long you in town for?
Olive Tree Market, in Ocean Beach, usually has 22oz bottles. O'Brien's, 4646 Convoy St., usually has Nelson or Duet on tap, though it's not a particularly atmospheric destination in and of itself. Pizza Port S.I.P.A. is one of my favorites. Love the 16oz 6pack of cans. CRUSHABLE!!! Hamilton's Tavern, 1521 30th St., usually has a solid amount of Guez, Saisson, etc... in bottles available. Plus they always have Pliny on tap. There's also a new-ish Belgian bar in the same...
Societe is a classic representative of the local style. Don't know what their distribution is like, but definitely a solid home-town offering. Hess has some nice ones too. Monkey Paw is my personal local small brewery favorite though... Not sure what's on tap just now, but you need to check out Small Bar, Hamilton's, monkey Paw, and maybe Coronado Brewing Company while your in town. Just left CBC from a long lunch. Was avoiding hops, but their Orange Ave Wit and new...