or Connect

Posts by cocostella

Finally tracked down Hill Farmstead at two separate bars and one bottle shop with taps. All were pretty fresh, but the one bar with the Excursion #3 might have had something going on with their lines, as it seemed just off on the back end. The Edward and Citra were both absolutely delicious though. I'm real glad I got to try them, but I think I built up my expectations a bit to high.
^ Dood, your intake of good beer is truly inspiring, As mentioned above, had my first Hiver the other day in DC and really dug it. Definitely more "robust" than expected. In NYC now and popped into Blind Tiger on a fairly hot and humid day, after tromping around the city. Crushed a Saison DuPont first to quench the thirst.., Moved onto a Jack's Abbey, "3x dry hopped hoponicus" after that, which was very good. Hadn't had anything from them since the Xmas beer exchange a...
Thanks OC. We spent all day cruising memorials, botanical gardens (with last of my Westbrook Gose!) and of course were on the mall for parade and culture festival before getting rained out. We kept an early dinner simple at Wiseguy Pizza. I've got a cooler full of beers here in the hotel room and the hotel (Liaison) has a rooftop deck to peep the fireworks, so no standing around in the rain waiting for them to go off, or cancel. Looking forward to grabbing the train at...
We've been staying with friends in Vienna. We came into town for the sights and dinner/drinks, but now are in DC proper tonight and for the Fourth. We take the train into NYC on the 5th. The Gibson was quite enjoyable. Started out at the bar, then wrapped up on the outside patio, which we dug. I had an Old Fashioned, Side Car and a Sazerac. Dined at Doi Moi, which was equally good, particularly the whole fried snapper. Hit up Church Key today (thanks brp). Had Oxbow...
A few more. The Avery was best. Passion fruit was very pleasant. The Radler was crushable, of course.
OC, had to cancel all reservations for tonight. We rescheduled at the Gibson for cocktails tomorrow. Any recs for dinner tomorrow? A bit late for reservations, I know...
No. All purchased at Appalachian Beverage Co., Elijay, GA. I think you're also the one who turned m onto Westbrook some time ago? For that, I am VERY grateful!
Over the last several days up at the family cabin in northern GA Smokey Mountains. First time for each and all were excellent. Last foto from friend's place in Wolf Trap National Park, Vienna VA.
Torsion keeping thread alive!
Was ok. Refreshing on this hot day. Prefer more malt...