or Connect

Posts by cocostella

@jet You shopping up in LA? I'm still partial to Sculpin, grapefruit, or not, myself. I see they're bottling Alpine's Nelson and Duet, which are great. Look out for AleSmith's IPA too. Other than that, if you want less abv%, I really enjoy Pizza Port's Ponto SIPA in 16oz cans. For non-San Diego, I dig Bell's Two Hearted. Unfortunately, we don't have access to all the epic east coast shit, but I'm still a so-cal homie... If you're out at a pub and ever come across...
Still saddened by Bowie. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TpH_cpV2oYk
Mount Gay Extra Old is hands down best bang for the buck IMHO. Really like ED12&15, FDC12 and Appleton21. Zacapa is a fine first foray into sipping rums, but is too much of an oak x caramel bomb for me. I always come back to the MG extra old though. Tonight: Branca Menta riff on Mojito, with fresh mint demerara simple syrup. It's nice and herbaceous. Best for the warmer months, I think. Enjoying with a BoliPC.
If the title of this thread was "How Many Miles Did You Limp Today?" I might be able to contribute something. Sore as all hell...
@brp2 Depends on where you'll be staying, as your time is fairly limited. Let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.
It's not some anti-capitalist sentiment. Also not like they weren't already a fairly large corporate entity. It's just a weird feeling somehow. I dunno, there're SO many great beers out there. It's more fun when things are a bit more unique, undiscovered, harder to come by, blah blah blah. GF Sculpin is one of my favs of all time, so I don't expect to abandon ship altogether.
Man, lots of nice beers going down here, per usual. Have mixed emotions about continuing to support BP, after the buy-out. I'm not sure what I'll ultimately decide. However, for now, this is still top tier IMHO:
Carlsbad Marathon. 3:50 on the dot. Had terrible cramp issues last few miles, so was pretty happy with overall time, as I was forced to walk on and off.
Very cute!
2mi at 9:30/mi yesterday. Will go for another short jog/walk later this morning, before Carlsbad Marathon tomorrow. Hate the 6:15 start and 45min travel time. Doesn't give much time bot breakfast, bathroom etc...