or Connect

Posts by xizenta

I understand that. That's what the tailor said and I am inclined to believe it.Have you done this? Are you familiar with this type of wool lining? Can you speak to its qualities versus horsehair? Can a horsehair canvas not be dyed to a darker color?
I posted this in the cloth thread too, but will duplicate here so anyone with knowledge can chime in: What kind of interlining have you guys used on commissioned fresco/crispaire jackets? I ordered a full canvas jacket from a new operation a few months ago and just went to the first fitting. I noticed the interlining they were using was black, which is not something I am used to. When I asked about it, they said it was a 100% wool canvas made in Italy and used by Brioni...
What kind of interlining have you guys used on commissioned fresco/crispaire jackets? I ordered a full canvas jacket from a new operation a few months ago and just went to the first fitting. I noticed the interlining they were using was black, which is not something I am used to. When I asked about it, they said it was a 100% wool canvas made in Italy and used by Brioni and Zegna (sounds like marketing bs). They said that they couldn't use the typical natural colored...
Yes I understand. In my experience the color variation by run/roll issue has been a little overstated. I think if I did manage to find the fabric, I would be ok with any marginal difference. Especially on a black, which I can't understand to be a more difficult color to get consistent than others.If I just get trousers made in Dugdale barathea or something, I wonder if the barathea texture would be enough to distinguish the trouser from the jacket as something more than an...
I know we all love woollens in here, but I am wondering if anyone knows where to source some really nice black satin or grosgrain silk? I got an urge to sew up my own bow tie for funzies. Only need a small amount. Thanks! ALSO., I just purchased this black dinner jacket from TopShelfApparel: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-2695-BELVEST-Black-Wool-Mohair-Dinner-Jacket-44-R-Dual-Vents-Tuxedo-Blazer-/381456997082?hash=item58d09bdada:g:WLsAAOxyHltSSkf- I might want to try to...
Bordeaux Saffir will go great on museum burgundy.
damn, those are pretty hideous.
lol. Have you seen the dugdale worsted and cashmere POW?unbelievably. sexy.
Yes, see reason below. Would be different if they asked for your confirmation or something before sending out the order. But in below example, when did customer ever agree they wanted to have that pair of socks for $20?
This seems kind of frustrating. IMO they should also refund shipping if they cancel half of the items in your order.