or Connect

Posts by xizenta

Yes a lot of people in this thread have been critical of the heavier fresco for years. I have the three ply fresco and I don't think it's bad.
IIRC it's something like 25 euros for shipping. The free shipping for 5 ties is kind of complicated. It actually depends on what you are purchasing. The answer to your questions is to experiment with the checkout process to see whether free shipping is available or not. For example, you can get free shipping if you purchase 4 non-outlet ties along with several outlet ties. You will not get free shipping if you purchase 5 outlet ties.
I thought the colors looked representative. I personally didn't like the rust but also didn't order it. The green was 100!
I regret / move on from all my style choices within a span of 5 years. Honestly, most of my jackets only see two or three years of regular use.
Anyone know how difficult / costly it is to tailor a jacket to have more open quarters? This is a fully lined jacket. I want the quarters opened out a'la Liverano. Will ask my tailor about it next time I'm there. I assume $85+.
There may be a better thread for this question, but this is the one I follow, so here goes. Anyone know how difficult / costly it is to tailor a jacket to have more open quarters? This is a fully lined jacket. I want the quarters opened out a'la Liverano. Will ask my tailor about it next time I'm there. I assume $85+.
Put me down for next run w/ slightly heavier silk if it happens. Also prefer that we keep the construction in the last run -- 7 fold lightly lined and untipped w/ handrolled edges. Regarding the "120" figure on Massdrop. I'm sure it's not a comprehensive count. For example, I haven't marked myself for that but would probably be in for 2-4 more ties depending on pattern / details.
I got my ties last week, a day before Christmas Eve. Lovely patterns and colors. Top notch construction as always. I would have liked a heavier silk. I felt the ties were a little too lightweight. This also caused the silk to lean toward making a number of small divots under the knot, separating from the lining, rather than one or two substantial clefts. I'm also noticing the Panta tie pattern has kind of a heavy taper in that the knot area is more narrow vs Cappelli,...
Finmeresco comes in a lighter weight as well. I actually really liked the swatches compared to Minnis. Lots of nicer colors.
This was the same problem with mine. I contacted them about it. They offered to make me a custom size, then stopped responding and I never got anything.