or Connect

Posts by crazyquik

I was just there about 3 weeks ago and they have some very nice balmoral boots this season (at something like $525 or $550 I believe). Sadly, not pictured on the website. One was a brown lower with chocolate suede upper. Another style had cloth uppers (either black lower with black & white plaid upper, or brown lower with brownish and green tweed upper). Allen Edmonds also has a cloth upper boot this season (the Shaker Heights), so I suppose that's the new trend.
Any word when the Northhampton in smaller sizes (7.5) will be back in stock? It's just getting to be be boot-wearing season
Can anyone identify the frames that Sam Waterston is wearing in the new HBO series Newsroom? Hard to find pictures of him wearing them online though
So I'm doing a bit of decorating/redecorating and I would like to just print out a few choice sketches from the internet and throw them into some existing frames I have. They are small frames, so it wouldn't have to be too hi-res. I am thinking some classic architectural sketches or industrial schematics/patent applications for famous things. Something along the lines of these, but I would need bigger.
You can do a lot of cooking for $150 on an 8 piece Tramontina set from Wal-Mart. It's their top of the line set and gets decent reviews. You can even buy it online so you avoid the People of Wal-Mart shopping experience. Remember that the lids are considered a 'piece' in most boxed sets that you buy. I recently got a Crate & Barrel catalog with an 10 piece, Cuisinart MultiClad set for $200.
Eason has been succint, but let me be long-winded and circuitous.There is a viscious cycle in academic writing. Academic writing is judged by academics and grad students. Neither group wants to say they are 'too dumb' to understand what you wrote, that it is vague, ambiguous, or lacks clarity. If non-academic writing is is incomprehensible, it is a failure and rejected by the readers. If academic writing can't be comprehended, the reader is the failure (and may end up...
This is a good thread (typed by a lowly public school kid (from a very crappy rural public school). I know plenty of smart young folks but I'm not even sure if I know anyone who went to an elite NE boarding school. Most of the boarders I've met went to a place in Virginia or SC to do drugs and ride horses.
So I'm moving soon and going to get a short-term apartment or house rental. However, pretty soon I'll probably be looking to buy something more permanent. The city has a lot of empty commercial space near downtown, and I want to research the idea of doing a loft setup. Where can I find out about this. Will the property have to be rezoned for residential or mixed-use? Are FHA loans available for 'homebuyers' since it's a commercial property? What are some common...
Quote: Originally Posted by yerfdog Maybe she was only at $190 or 200K as a 7th yr if she was in Cleveland or Pittsburgh, that would give her a current salary of more like $115-120, which still seems pretty generous for the area and the hours. This part is probably closer to correct. It's likely that the career associates have more salary compression - less frequent raises - than their coastal counterparts. But she's still likely making...
This thread has jumped the shark.