or Connect

Posts by lpwb32

for plate lunch go to Aloha Mixed Plate. i forgot the street but its the one that runs along the coast in lahaina right behind the mall. you can find them on google though. same owners as the old lahaina luau which is considered the most authentic luau experience on the island. its comfort food at its best and nice location right off the beach. another good cheap eats recommendation is alexanders fish. theres various locations but the one i've been to is near wailea...
she?
clam, someone else on this board mentioned mesa tailor in fountain valley (not far from south coast plaza area). i found a good guy in costa mesa (irvine ave & 17th street near the back bay) called buds custom tailor. i took a suit there for extensive alterations and was happy with the results. same exact thing as you're trying to do -- a boxy suit that i needed to slim down A LOT. i learned theres definitely a limitation to what can be done. we went through several...
i recently had the waist nipped on a rear vented coat. it was a very boxy cut originally and even though the shoulders were perfect, my tailor said it was pretty tough. we went through 4 fittings until it was just right. i was told that the large and low cut armholes on suits these days makes this alteration increasingly difficult, especially on dual vents. there is almost always going to be a bit of pucker right above where the vents end. pls excuse the attached...
if the alterations are that extensive you should really just wear it as is for the time being if possible. one wk isnt enough time for most tailors if they're somewhat busy (and the best places usually are). pant hem and shorten sleeves no problem. to slim up the jacket going to take more time because a good tailor will want you to come back for a fitting or two. i recently had a suit tailored in the same way as you. it dual rear vents and slimming it up can cause it...
the h&m store in the main SCP building is womens only. across the street at crystal court they have both mens and womens. it confused me at first too. there's mens at irvine spectrum has well.
did i bump a 3 yr old thread? oh geez, now i know i've been browsing too much on the forum...
Quote: Originally Posted by VMan Fashion designer Issak Mizarahi (SP?) also does a women's collection for Target. I think it's just amazing that a designer who does $10,000 couture dresses also does work for Target. and i'm sure he makes a boatload for his affiliation with target. how much a high-end boutique designer can pull in by selling a few ten thousand dollar pieces every so often? martha stewarts brand products at kmart was a big...
i love theory blazers for the look and cut. they are simple and fashion fwd. the price really irks me though. to me they've basically taken fashion simple and basic, and marked the price up incredibly. h&m has exactly what you're looking for right now in their current offerings. pinstripe blazers. $59.99
similar question: are hickey freeman suits really as suppressed in the waist OTR as the photos on their website suggest or did they just pin the back for the shots? http://www.hickeyfreeman.com/website...Fid=071305047& if so, then maybe here's your answer...