or Connect

Posts by lpwb32

while i do shop at h&m, i wouldn't buy their stuff online. as mentioned earlier, their QC is really lacking. i usually have to inspect a few identical items to pick out the one that has the fewest defects but online you wont have the ability to do that.
Quote: Originally Posted by maomao1980 +1 Also I don't know which part of Asia you are located, but most parts of Asia with a vibrant economy (I pressume you are in one such place) have very warm climates or at least warm enough summers that would not make boots a good all season choice. I'm in HK, and would say that even in the winter, boots are a bit too warm to wear. and also where you might happen to be walking around. having spent a...
i view JV and theory in a similar light. both have what i consider a practical slim cut. theres slim cut which says, "wow, that guy is dressed nicely" and there's slim cut which says, "wow, that guy is trying way too hard." i love the styles at both stores though. its clean cut, neutral colors and patterns, and no weird designer frills like pockets all over the place. theory seems to have more of a black-grey-white tone and sheen in their fabrics. maybe its a modern...
i'm 5'9" 160 lbs and thought the advice for the apollo ohna was pretty good. there is a particular disdain here for the suits worn by nba players and here was a perfect example of eliminating the 4b monstrosities and making a really tall guy look good in a 2b. my only complaint would be calling someone 5'8" short when the avg height of american men is 5'9". if 5'8" is short and 6'5" is tall, then on avg everyone is a 6 footer? what they should have done is taken the...
Quote: Originally Posted by The Great Wazu In my experience, it depends on the line. The red label stuff is pretty slim fitting -- and I have a few suits that fit me very well. However, their regular black label line tends to be much bulkier, requiring an ardent amount of altering. I've found Theory to be pretty slim-fitting, along with Gucci. +1 on theory. i find it slim in a practical way as opposed to overly fashionably slim. maybe...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire All Porsche drivers I know are rather middle aged btw. and the only person who has a pimp alike bicolour Rolex inherited it from his Grandfather. you should come out to newport beach, calif... a porsche 911 used to be my dream car. i remember telling my friend that while we were driving around. he pointed over to the side and asked, "you mean like that one?" i looked over and saw a brand new black...
Quote: Originally Posted by ratboycom that shirt would make for a killer Iori haloween costume already posted. wasnt that outfit the same as this one?
Quote: Originally Posted by josepidal Lpwb32 (can we cut it with the code word usernames?): In fairness, maybe the title that referred to sneakers with suits was misleading in an exaggerated way. my full name is louis pendragon wickerbottom but i thought lpwb was more efficient.
Quote: Originally Posted by josepidal We didn't assume. He supplied the above details. given that he only mentioned the dress code was business casual and he was considering sneakers, the only information we have is that it probably is appropriate or he wouldnt be considering it. i'm not necessarily responding to your comments josepidal because you merely gave the suggestion that maybe a dress shoe but in rubber sole would work be just as...
i also work in the finance industry and our dress code is casual, not even business casual. i havent seen my boss yet today but since its friday my guess is he'll be rolling into the office in a golf shirt and shorts with boat shoes. i like to dress up so for me i think in terms of dressing one notch above the norm. if people are in shorts, i'll do jeans. in terms of footwear that means a dressier sneaker like the OP is looking for, loafers, or a casual-looking...