or Connect

Posts by CostadelSolCPA

Allen Edmonds for me are very comfortable. The styles in general are not the best looking. English shoes as Crockett and Jones looks more elegant maybe. I have pairs of different brands, the Allen Edmonds i have are Grayson, Bancroft and Mora, the first two in cordovan and the mora in brown suede. Apart for these models I only like MacNeil. The Oxfords/Derbys I prefer are C&J and the loafers I prefer are the Alden 986 and the C&J Boston cordovan (very similar...
Last month I was in the Carmina's flagship store in Madrid. They have all models, colors and styles possible. Prices range from €150 the penny loafers similar to AE Walden , to €230-250 for the Good Year welted and channeled calf shoes in all styles (oxford, derbys, monks, loafers, tassels). Cordovans costs €440. All prices VAT/sales tax included. This summer I will be in Majorca for a week, and I will visit the factory shop, what a dangerous visit, to empty my...
Hi, I found a new seller in ebay who sells Allen Edmonds brand new shoes. They look as discontinued models, although some of them are quite nice. I just got a pair of AE Clifton in brown suede for $109. Prices are around $90 to $120. The seller is http://myworld.ebay.es/ben26bel/ Also I saw they have a good selection of AE shoes at discounted prices in www.aeclassics.com. Good night
Hi, I live in Spain, and I have ordered shoes from Pediwear, using the price pledge, and they will match the price of any other worlwide seller+shipping minus a 5%. As an example I ordered a pair of Benchgrade which price is GBP 240 in Pediwear (for EU customers) GBP 204,25 (for non UE customers) + shipping (GBP 10 in EU, GBP 18 rest of the world). In PLAL the cost is M$ 1.159 (GBP 170.50) + shipping GBP15 totalling GBP 185.50. Through the Pediwear price...
Any help from the experts?
Hi, I would like you to help me with an issue I have with I recently pair of shoes I just got, AE GARYSON BURGUNDY SHELL CORDOVAN. I observed that in the corner of the tongue the sewing is like breaking the leather, not much but it appears to me like it is. It is like the sewing in the manufacturing proccess is too tight and tends to break the leather. Does is really an imperfection or I only thinks that? Does it have any consequences in the dalily use (shoes...
I will point some classic examples: DOWN: SEBAGO model Classic. Very apreciatted down here in Spain and Europe. The quality has gone down so much, since they are not made in the US ( in Dominican Republic these days). The price here too high for what you get € 180 ( $240). You pay $100 in the US for them, at that price is OK. LEVIS 501. The STF Made in USA, up to the late nineties, are by far a lot better than the ones made now (in South America for US market - in...
Hi, The MTM suits made in "Mr Tailor " shop in Madrid are fully canvassed, I just verified it today, you can feel the floating part in the inside totally clear. I compared it to a Hackett jacket I have which is by the way fused (not floating part inside) although very good in fabric quality and fit. I posted some photos and did not have any comments about them. Good evening
Hi, I got some of these AE Bancrofts from STP, in size 8.5E. I received them last week. I have used them for one day, and the fit is a bit different that other shoes I have, even other AEs. My size in AEs Grayson, Brookwood, Randolph, and Leeds, is 8.5E (I have a pair the Brookwood sized 8.5D, a bit tighter the first wearings, after that ok). In other AEs Kiowa construction I have 9D/E (dover, Walden), in Sebago 8.5E. I have some Aldens 8.5E. Other...
Hi, I will be visiting NYC next 30th of june for a week. I would like that some of you experts in shopping give some help to get some deals down there. My first interest are shoes/belts AEs and Alden, shell cordovan preferred. There are the only ones I know of good quality made in US. Where can I find them and if it is possible to get any kind of discount on them or maybe in some oulet stores around, discount vouchers, etc.. If there other american brands of...