or Connect

Posts by Jhnkago

What's the current wait time on Ravello or Cigar Shell Cordovans LWB as of today? If there's a waitlist, when would the guy in the front of the waitlist get it, to give me a good idea?
Thoughts on the CP vintage achilles whites? Do you think these are worth getting rather than the plain whites, assuming same price for both?
My Indys finally came in and I've had the pleasure of owning them for 1 day. However, after a days worth of wear for no more than 8 hours, the left boot seems to be demonstrating an unusual sort of creasing on the left foot that stretches even beyond the stitching and looks like a blood-vein. There's also some strange brown-spotted discoloration at the tip of the boot right below the stitching, which also extends between the stitching as well that does not appear...
LWT Brown from Alden SF
My Vibergs Service Boots from Mr Porter came in.Perfect fit. These boots appear to actually be wide already.The only issue is that it's very difficult to actually get my foot into the boots. Once it's in there, it's a great fit. But it's hard to actually get it in there.Does this happen to anyone else? Or is this an indication of a half size too small?
Here are my sizes: Alden Indie: 9E (Any Alden without 9 wide sizes I would wear 9.5) AE Park Ave: 9E Clarks DB: 9.5 Wolverine 1000: 9.5 (a bit roomy) Clarks Unstructured: 8.5E I wear thick socks. When I wear boots in 8.5E, my right foot is comfortable but my left foot has a lot of pressure on the top area. I'm looking at the MrPorter Leather Lace-Ups, but they only come in whole sizes: 9 or 10, but no 9.5. For reguar sizes, I would need a 9.5 according to my usual fit,...
I'm looking towards Natural Chromexcel Indy boots from TheShoeMart. But the pictures look different than that of the one on Alden shop. Will this be identical? TheShoeMart's version looks a lot more 'dirtier.' The stitching looks different, non-white. I'm also curious, are there any other differences with TheShoeMart's version? I know SF Alden shop version has Alden shop of SF written on the soles. What about the ShoeMart's? Does it have TSM written anywhere? I see a...
I'm reporting back after weeks of non stop peacoat shopping, researching. Drove to multiple stores, went to San Francisco, tried on many different brands. I will expand on my findings and post several fit pics soon of some brands. But just want to say thank you Spaghettimatt for the Buzz Rickson recommendation!! I'm very glad This is one of the few I tested. More on this soon.
I need some advice since I'm sort of new to buying shoes. My entry level shoe was the Johnston & Murphy, which makes my feet hurt really bad. I want to buy a black shoe for formal events. Right now there is a sale on the Carlyle. But there seems to be more hype/popularity around the Park Ave. It's not on sale right now though and I have no idea when/if it will be. Since I can only buy 1 shoe, should I go with the Park Ave. or the Carlyle? There's no urgency right now,...
Hello guys. I'm going to purchase the Indie Natural Chrome Excel boots. I would like a second pair of casual Alden shoes. Which models would you guys recommend I take a look at for consideration?