or Connect

Posts by phxguy

Just got a twill slim with a classic collar. It's more spread than I prefer. The neck is also tight already...I'm concerned about the shrinkage folks talk about. Otherwise happy with it.
If your dad, like my dad, had more guns than ties, maybe this will help you skip a step in the trial and error process. This is synthesized from what I've gleaned here and from shopping and tailoring experiments in the infant stages of learning to dress better over the past couple years. I trust I'll be let to know if I'm off-base here. 1. If you have budgetary constraints, you’re going to have to compromise on something….quality and/or color and/or style and/or fit. ...
nm
I didn't post pics here because I didn't want to invoke a bunch of eye-rolling after how strongly I emphasized the issue in the OP. Really, the point isn't that I look bad...it's that my slacks and jackets separates look a lot better.So, instead, I read a lot here and have tinkered with suits and tailors since...Well, I'm since told by tailors I generally shouldn't. While I usually like the shoulders better in a 42 or 43, the chests usually puff out when buttoned. So, I...
Travelling from Hong Kong....anyone tried? Seems like they've been around a while, but don't see much in the way of feedback out there. Thank you.
Working on the "pinch test." A few of my suits/coats seems to be canvassed in the chest (clearly three layers of not fused fabric), but not the lapel. I thought even half-canvassed jackets had canvassing in the lapel. No? Or am I maybe feeling a floating chest piece vs canvassing? Or just really missing something with the concept? Incidentally, the reason I ask is that I've gotten wavy lapels on a few jackets lately, which I assume is from fusing gone wrong(?), and...
Navy pinstripe wool John Nordstrom double breasted suit, never hemmed/worn Navy pinstripe wool John Nordstrom three button suit, used but looks brand new, will require maybe $20 of tailoring Hugo Boss light blue dress shirt, never worn Calvin Klein grey wool slacks, never hemmed/worn Beige Pazoni slacks, never hemmed/worn Gray silk/wool Canali slacks, hemmed/worn but no discernable wear, perfect fit Cole Haan Black Tassle Loafers, never worn Cole Haan Tan Derbys,...
No...what thread?Will post pics in a couple suits.Thx all.
Help! I thought it'd get better with a better tailor and nicer suits, but so far I haven't made much progress. (Bear in mind, "better" with respect to the tailor doesn't mean "good.") Here's the deal: I have skinny legs (knock kneed at that), a narrow waist that moves quickly into a bit of a belly, not much of a chest, pretty broad shoulders, long arms and an oblong shaped head. (6'2 230 / 42 or 44L ) Inevitably, structured coat shoulders make my head look even...
Anyone had recommendations besides Zizzo? Has anyone tried Fakeri Tailors (apparently run out of a house) in Chandler? Or Phoenix Custom on Thomas? Thank you.