or Connect

Posts by somatoform

That brown Maxwell is indeed a thing of beauty, as is the fit and look of the Aero cafe racer above. I look forward to ordering some jackets off you guys in the future - so many damn jackets: the Maxwell, Bootlegger, Highwayman, 1950s..... time to start saving up. Thurston, have any pics of the Vanson Enfield in comp leather?
Hmmm..... I have I think 8 Gant Rugger BDs, 6 XL and 2 XXL, and none of them strike me as unusually long. I have one hugger (older model) and the rest are EZ fit. Though really the hugger is equivalent to todays EZ because they must have slimmed down everything at some point.
Geez.... "washed to give it a well-worn look" because aprons don't get washed enough and you'll want to look like a chef from the get go.
Is an employee sale an indication of a public sale to come? Or is it something they do without necessarily meaning anything?
You're absolutely right. It just dawned on me. At any rate, for that kind of money and so many custom options for less, it's not worth tinkering around with. I do love the graininess and shade of the leather though.
Can you do that without any adverse effects to the leather or look? I really dig the new Richmond leather jacket, but not with the breast pocket flap.
Hard to tell, but judging from the pocket flaps, shoulders, two snap button sleeve enclosures, and sloped shoulder plackets, I want to say a vintage Lee denim western. And by vintage I mean 80's, 90s, or whatever, not terribly old. They can easily be had on ebay uk in exactly that wash/fade. They would have removed the small black Lee tag on the pocket. You can pretty easily distinguish between a Lee, Wrangler, and Levis. That may be none of the above, but it does look an...
Looks great. What's the shirt?
I want to order something from Europe. Cost with shipping and vat deducted is about $370 USD. They only ship UPS to N. America. If I get it shipped to Canada I will pay about $120-$130 customs, for a total of about $500. I could get it shipped to a UPS store in upstate NY and pick it up myself across the border, no big deal, done it many times for items shipped within the US. Question: Does UPS charge the same customs for a package coming into the States as they do in...
When in doubt just assume it will be 30%. As you know, customs can be hit or miss; finding someone who didn't get hit doesn't necessarily mean you won't get hit. Free shipping to Canada? Didn't know. That's great.