or Connect

Posts by somatoform

Besides, and as already stated, the leather being too shiny and lacking in character, and shoulders being structured in a manner I'd never want in a leather jacket, what would you like to know?
Yes and no.As Fok implies above, I can't give you objective facts on the leather. I'm not well versed enough in leather.Then again, if I say "cheap, shiny, and something out of Macys" would I be stating anything less specific than what's been opined about Moo's jacket? No. And yet, cheap, shiny (minus Macys), and the silliness of the overly structured shoulders, among other things, is why I don't like it.As for hatred, $650 was difficult to stomach. I'm still feeling the...
My 2 cents.I have a toj, black calf. Hate it, never liked it from day one, and have never worn it. Never got the 'leather jacket' vibe out of it at all. I bought it custom back when they were $650. Wasn't a deal even then. It'll probably end up in the donation bin.It definitely has its fans. I can and can't really see why.Now, Moo's JL jacket I like.
Love that Niche shirt. Would have copped at retail in a heartbeat, but it's sized so small. I'm hoping that the Niche Tengo shirt will be more generous, another great looking shirt.
That brown Maxwell is indeed a thing of beauty, as is the fit and look of the Aero cafe racer above. I look forward to ordering some jackets off you guys in the future - so many damn jackets: the Maxwell, Bootlegger, Highwayman, 1950s..... time to start saving up. Thurston, have any pics of the Vanson Enfield in comp leather?
Hmmm..... I have I think 8 Gant Rugger BDs, 6 XL and 2 XXL, and none of them strike me as unusually long. I have one hugger (older model) and the rest are EZ fit. Though really the hugger is equivalent to todays EZ because they must have slimmed down everything at some point.
Geez.... "washed to give it a well-worn look" because aprons don't get washed enough and you'll want to look like a chef from the get go.
Is an employee sale an indication of a public sale to come? Or is it something they do without necessarily meaning anything?
You're absolutely right. It just dawned on me. At any rate, for that kind of money and so many custom options for less, it's not worth tinkering around with. I do love the graininess and shade of the leather though.
Can you do that without any adverse effects to the leather or look? I really dig the new Richmond leather jacket, but not with the breast pocket flap.