or Connect

Posts by Ebonyman

^^^ Agreed.
The word "elegant" came to mind the moment I saw this. Perfectly simple, simply perfect!
Oops..
Thanks for the in depth response Mister Fu. I think it really is dependent on the brand. I recently purchased a Facconable linen jacket that it also unlined like the Polo SCs but is reasonably light weight. Several years ago, I purchased a linen suit from Daffy's that was very light and tailored quite well. It wrinkled real good by the end of the day but what the hey, that's what linen does! I just think it's nuts to produce spring/summer garments in material that...
That's a good assumption because I have not.Funny thing is, I have wool sport coats by David Chu that are clearly intended for the Fall and Winter and they are less than half the weight of these linen jackets!
1/2 lined. Basically across the shoulders and the sleeves are lined as well. Hmmm, I'm not much for wearing linen in the Fall either but I guess I will now. Is this something new to means fashion. I've been around for awhile (52) and I'm not particularly new to dressing well or trends in menswear. The wearing of linen in the Fall isn't something I've seen before. I guess I must have missed or thing or two because these jackets can't possibly be intended for summer wear.
In an effort to enhance my spring sport coat collection, I picked up three "Polo" RL linen jackets on ebay. The jackets are olive, navy and a medium blue/grey with a nice herringbone pattern. After they arrived, I couldn't help but notice how heavy these things are. I've never held a linen garment as heavy as these SCs in my life! I'm not aware of linen being a fall/winter garment so what could be the point of making a summer garment so heavy that it can't be worn...
I'll take the Jocobson...
Hello, What's the width on the Jack Wills and the Henry Jacobson?
I'm looking for a basic solid grey suit, 44r. No pleats and preferably double vented but single will do.