or Connect

Posts by Ebonyman

Hello Gents, It's been a long time. Posting a few fits from recent days and events this summer.
Gorgeous loafers in a really nice burgundy color. Never worn, only tried on. EU size 11 or US 12. Measure 13" long and 4 1/2 inches wide.
Maybe he picked up someone else's jacket? That looks ridiculous....
Balfour, I'm not certain how you quantify the value of your opinions relative to mine but if you are happy thinking they are of greater value, good for you. They are many different opinions on this forum about all sorts of style related matters and although most seem to fall within a certain aesthetic, there are many forum members who do quite well blazing there own trail stylistically. If you'll notice, there is nothing in my responses to you debating the merits of...
Hindi, Your welcome. Balfour, I'm not here to tell Hindi what I think will work for him. That's his decision. I've never even seen him or spoken to him so how could I, you or anyone else offer an opinion as to which, if any, of these fits would work for HIM? Or, conduct a search for pictures on the internet that are reflective of his tastes? Again, it's a random sampling of pictures from which he can form his own opinion. I have a question for you. How exactly...
No problem Hindi. There are many many tastes/styles present here on the Forum. Not everything is for everyone and the pictures are just a random sampling of what I could find doing a quick google search. Learn what you can from others on the pages of this Forum but ultimately, only you can decide what works best for you. Balfour, Your "douchebag" may be someone else's silk purse.
Remember Balfour, I didn't post these because I thought them evidence of good fits featuring loafers with suits. I'm just providing pictures in response to a question earlier in the thread. Hindi or someone else might find them useful...Just sayin'
Judging from these pictures, it does seem that tasseled or monk strap loafers would be a better choice. For what it's worth, I've always worn my Magnanni and Santoni double monks with suits. I consider double monks a more formal shoe than other types of loafers. Maybe I'm wrong about that as well...
Someone asked for pics. This does not imply that I'm endorsing any of these looks, there just pictures I found related to the question.
Thanks AC, having spent some time in MV with my big brother over a few summers in my 20s, I can certainly picture the look you are referring too. I may have to rethink this. Looking at these shoes, I can't really see myself wearing them with chinos or jeans but I do have more than my fair share of nice slacks/SC combos. So.....