or Connect

Posts by StanleyVanBuren

Hi.   I'm reviving this thread to talk about my ongoing suit quest. I'm moving the discussion here because I'm trying to be sensitive to the other posters in WAYWT who may not want pages upon pages of suit talk in between space pirate and sand ninja fits, but I want to keep the discussion on this side of the wall because -- and I really need to make this clear from the beginning -- I am not looking to achieve "conservative business dress" or follow any other current CM...
 Look at his right leg; those pants are pretty tapered already.
does my monitor suck or is that not a black suit though
also several people often say I should look at Margiela suits and the same advice would not be bad for you either. I haven't pulled the trigger yet only because my size is rare and I'm not sure about the cut of MMM pants for me personally. Those should probably not be factors for you.   that said, I've seen some Margiela suits that are of the high button stance and shorter jacket variety. Those are not the ones you would want. You want whatever model it is...
  Ok at the risk of getting shouted down, I will say the following: Jacket length: too short. You could easily go at least an inch longer and it would look better on your frame. I'd want the bottom of the jacket to be lower than the bottom of the fly on your pantsButtoning point: too high. see how the bottom button is higher than your belt? the top button would ideally be just above the belt and the bottom just below. a longer jacket is likely to have a lower button...
Do the polos have a separate yoke or a one-piece back? 
 To some extent yes, to some extent no. For instance, the waist on my Epaulet suits is already about as tight as it can go, but the buttoning point is slightly higher than my true waist, which may present an issue. On the tan YSL suit, my tailor took it in considerably at the waist, but this is done along the back seams and there isn't much that can be done on the front of the jacket. And on the back there's also only so far as you can go before you hit the pockets (see,...
I don't think we need to go back and forth on this any further. Regardless of the reason, the discussion 'over there' was ultimately not productive and doesn't need to be rehashed.
 Sorry but that is objectively wrong. Slim tapered trousers do not sit properly on my legs due to how they are shaped and that's not ever going to change. The current trend of shorter jackets and higher buttoning points is not flattering to my short torso / long legs physique. I spent pages trying to explain this to no avail. The guys in CM may have a lot of knowledge but they are much more locked into current trends than they claim to be. EDIT: oh, and, when I finally...
 Well, that's the most fear-inducing phrase you could have started with.  So, I did have second thoughts about the blazer -- primarily because it felt too hot even before I left this place this morning, but also for some of the reasons stated above; it may be a little large overall and specifically in the shoulders and overall length. I'm not sure it couldn't work in the right circumstances though. I opted to just wear the full suit, which has slightly narrower shoulders...