or Connect

Posts by StanleyVanBuren

Damn, that's pretty convincing
 I think tapering would ruin the style of the suit overall, and actually the full-cut leg was one of the things that drew me to this suit because slimmer trousers never seem to hang/drape right for me. So tapering is probably out, but I'm still on the fence about whether I should let the pants out to get more of a break. I'm trying to find photos of YSL suits of this style worn back in the day but not having much luck. Even product shots would be cool just to see how they...
      Kind of surprised by these comments actually, since it sounds like the direction you're telling me to head is backwards. Most of my suits have shorter jackets, higher buttoning points, and more tapered trousers and those features are precisely what I was trying to get away from with this. I understand if you guys aren't totally up on my post history, though. To explain then, I think the YSL suit is far better in all of these categories, for my overall body shape at...
So I am cross-posting this here from the SW&D WAYWT thread to get some "good natured advice" from this side of the fence on this as well. This is a YSL suit I picked up off ebay that just arrived today. I'd be happy to hear any and all thoughts you guys have on this one. This is straight out of the box with no pressing or tailoring as yet, so you'll see the jacket is wrinkled in a few spots. Besides being surprised/shocked how close this is right off the bat (tell me I'm...
Ok, so here is the YSL suit I picked up on ebay. This is straight out of the box with no pressing or tailoring as yet, so you'll see the jacket is wrinkled in a few spots. Besides being surprised/shocked how close this is right off the bat (tell me I'm wrong?), I do notice a couple things: (1) it seems the prior owner also had a bit of a dropped right shoulder, but more so than I do as there is extra shoulder padding causing the right shoulder to not sit quite right, which...
 holy crap, that's awesome
  I have a test shirt on the way with the standard BD collar, so if no one chimes in before then, I'll post photos and measurements once I get it. My understanding is that it combines elements of Mercer, Kamakura, etc. Someone else ought to have this info readily available already though, right?
 I want the photo to include the sales associate that helps you
 Oh thanks, yeah I got it from a small menswear shop in Bellagio, Italy and unfortunately I don't even remember what the name of the place was.
Reminds me of a friend of mine from high school who used to say things like "I will kill you so hard."