Posts by StanleyVanBuren

People were asking yesterday about the navy hopsack in the natural shoulder fit as a blazer; here it is along with oxford grey flannels in the Taylor fit:  
I'll bet 18.75 is actually the correct measurement   As I was saying earlier, if you do the same shoulder measurement on an unconstructed shoulder with spalla camiccia the result is a narrower fit in the shoulders. If the Dartmouth shoulder measurements are 0.5-1" wider that actually makes sense and will result in a similar fit so people can take the same size.
 I have the natural shoulder navy hopsack, and I definitely wear it as a blazer. I originally bought it as such and it was only a year or two later that Epaulet started to offer the trousers to match. However, were I looking to buy a blazer today, I would go for the Dartmouth, just be aware of the fit differences if you're used to the natural shoulder model. The Dartmouth is shorter, has a higher button stance, and uses the same shoulder measurements which leads to the...

You could call them "Blue Communist" suede and see if anyone puts it together
  This came out great. My only nit is that there is a lot of space between the ticket pocket and hip pocket.