or Connect

Posts by Baron

Yeah, the more I think about it the more annoyed I get. Why devote yourself to promoting perfume as an art form rather than a mere commercial product, then make sponsorship and commercial relationships a determining factor in curating a show? Especially when you're pretending to present "Iconic Scents in the history of Perfumery." To have multiple offerning from Lauder and Lancomme and nothing from Guerlain, nothing from Roudnitzka, no niche scents. You obviously have to...
I have a PZ sartorial jacket. The construction and quality are really excellent, as nice as anything I own, but the cut is a bit frumpy, particularly in the shoulders.
That's interesting - I couldn't find anything about the show online other than press release type stuff. I didn't find a single review or blog post. Maybe there was stuff at Basenotes? I haven't been on there in ages.
I went to the "Timeless Scents: 1370-2013" today at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts today. It was a small show curated by Chandler Burr, today was the last day. It was an interesting if very limited sampling of iconic fragrances. The show opened with some text descriptors of ancient perfumery in various cultures, then the first scent was a pure Myrrh, which was described as a prized ancient perfume. When the scents were presented in jars like this there...
Parker has become a such a steez savant. I've picked up some vintage Reyn Spooner shirts and wore them all summer, but I never dreamed of working them into a cool weather combo. Nice.
I bet you couldn't wait for that shower.
Ah, hadn't heard about it. I'll have to try it. It's been ages since I went out and sniffed new scents. I see now that it's very expensive. Is Coriolan hard to find now? It was pretty plentiful last I looked. On another note, has anyone in LA gone to The Wallis in Beverly Hills to see the chandler burr-curated perfume exhibit? Closes Sunday, I'm going to visit this week.
No, what line is that from?
Coriolan. This one is one of those scents I like way more at the end of the day than at the beginning.
I'm not going to jump into the fray in the waywt thread, but the dogpile on that one annoying dude and anyone else who suggests he hasn't earned a ban is getting kinda weird. For the life of me I can't figure out why people care about him so much.