or Connect

Posts by Baron

I love that Alpha jacket, didn't even notice it on the site till last night and it appears L is sold out already.
What's weird is there are a bunch of posts in the old thread responding to pics in this thread, but I can't find said pics in that thread with the weird pagination. It's like the Mystery House over there, you go onto a page and the door back to the last page disappears.
I think Noir Epices has a lot of aldehydes, which tend to give a big, bright. perfumey vibe to the opening. It took me a while to warm up to aldehydic scents and smell past that amplified, perfumey quality. Once Noir Epices settles in, I get a ripe orange with spicy cloves and some rose. Very comforting.
I really like Noir Epices. Wearing rose nacree du desert again. It smells a little sweet today, or it did at first, but it's settling nicely.
To be honest, I haven't smelled any of your other favorite roses aside from Parure, the sale of which I still mourn. I didn't really think of that as a rose scent though in the way Rose Nacree or POAL are. I still love Iquitos and I'm happy I have a full bottle. I wear it all the time.
Actually, Rose de Nuit is pretty great too, if I was going to splurge I'd probably have to revisit that one before I decided. And I do really love PoaL.
Portrait of a Lady is a really special scent, but it's so gigantic that I'd have a hard time wearing it very often. Rose Nacree du Desert is similar to PoaL but it's a bit more transparent and way more wearable. I'm not one to splurge on expensive bottles, but I may buy this one.
first link doesn't work
I just had an old friend ask me for advice for a fragrance for her husband. I made a few suggestions based on her critieria, but also said they should go to a place like MiN (they're in NYC) and sniff things. They ended up doing that and buying L'enfant Terrible from Joyvoy, which I've never heard of.
I remember that (the avalanche of hype).