or Connect

Posts by Baron

Mr. Blass today. This reminds me of a couple of Guerlains - Coriolan and l'Instant PH. It also starts to resemble Derby in the dry down, so maybe there's an element of homage? I never liked l'instant - there's a note that really bothers me. Mr. Blass has a touch of that in the opening, but it goes away pretty quickly and you're left with an 80's style, full bodied spicy/woodsy/floral masculine.
That's a very astute description - I hadn't found the words but peachy/butter is pretty right on. It's growing on me, I can easily see why it's such a well loved scent, but it's not a style I typically go for.
Bond Chinatown today. This is a nice scent, but maybe not for me. A bit sweet/gourmand, which is something I like to smell in passing, but like less to smell all day, wafting up from my chest. I think maybe it's that this is floral gourmand, so it lacks the bitter note you get from coffee or dark chocolate or anise that gives a bit of yang to other gourmands.
I find Knize Ten to have a big floral component amidst the leather and sandalwood. Hermes Equipage has a prominent dose of carnation. The new Lonesome Rider from Tauer has a big Iris note. Speaking of salty scents, the old Annick Goutal Vetiver, which may or may not still be in production (it appears that Luckyscent is carrying a new scent by that name) has a strong seaweed/iodine note that was very "salty."
I could be wrong - I can't find anything out there. It may have been a single breasted tweed suit. I do remember he was wearing chelsea boots, and I really liked the look of the clean, narrow cuff with the boots. If anyone knows the video maybe they can find it.
I think there's a video of Edward Sexton floating around out there showing a DB suit he's made (for himself I think) and the trousers are not cuffed. I remember noting that and thinking it looked super sharp.
Remember Imitation of Christ? That was women's but a lot of what they sold was just vintage clothing with a new tag sewn in.
I kinda digging these suede/canvas vans as a poor man's alternative to those visvims.
Are Mercurials running shoes? I thought they were for soccer.
I've been looking at those pants online - did you find them in store in LA? how is the sizing?