or Connect

Posts by Baron

Love that Niche shirt.
Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie. I thought I was all out of this, but I found my decant bottle with just about a drop left, so I finished it off. This is definitely one of my favorites.
You can also check shopthefinest.com - he tends to have a lot of dress shirts in that price range. Mostly Italian brands like Barba/Borrelli/Finamore etc., but it fits the description of what you're looking for. A lot of that stuff is spread collar but he also has more pointed collars. I got a white Barba shirt there recently that has a neutral pointed collar. If you don't see anything on the site you can also call them. They usually have tons of inventory that's not on...
Price really complicates matters, especially if you're comparing it to your experiences in the midwest. I think Mcconnell's is good, leaving aside the price, both the flavors and the texture. I do love Graeder's, I'm pretty sure I first heard about them from you in this thread earlier. For a good deal, the Trader Joe's brand premium ice cream in any flavor is great and relatively cheap.
Terre d'hermes lasts all day on me. I'm wearing Egoiste. I've been on a bit of a Bois des Iles/Egoiste kick lately. To me they're so similar as to be indistinguishable from a distance (I suppose Egoiste is a bit stronger) and I love them both.
I'm layering MPG Baime with Frederic Malle Une Rose. I've had a small bottle of Baime forever, but I rarely wear it. It's supposedly a basil scent, but I feel like the basil is not as prominent as other green notes - vetiver and possible thyme? The opening notes give the impression of natural bug repellent spray, but the dry down is nicer. I decided to add some rose to soften the opening, and I think it worked out OK. I think next time I may try to layer it with Kiehl's Musk.
They were set up at adjoining tables at the AIX scent fair, and I spent some time talking to each of them. Antonio didn't speak english very well, but he was very gracious and I thought his scents were interesting. He had a couple of white florals made with gardenia and jasmine. The interesting thing is that he uses raw materials from flowers that are harvested early, so that the note is muted and green rather that heady and sweet, as you'd typically get with those notes....
Jeni's has shut down twice due to listeria contamination - they were out in front of it and it was in the news. Posts here aren't going to affect them. Plus, they do have really great ice cream. There's a scoops in my neighborhood and I take my kid there a lot but the ice cream is kinda mediocre. Too icy, not very creamy. Jeni's and McConnells are both great.
Phoenicia Perfumes Realoud is full of blue cheese and cow patties.
Still sampling the Bruno Fazzolari scents. Yesterday was Monserrat, today is Jimmy. Both of these have big fruity components, and in both cases that makes them no bueno for me, stylistically. Objectively, they both are well made and have good longevity and structure. I prefer Monserrat. It has grapefruit and apricot and osmanthus (which is also a bit fruity), but it's balanced out by some astringent green notes. Jimmy has some note (cassis?) that is just too juicy for me -...