or Connect

Posts by Baron

Is it widely available? I'd like to check it out.
Also check out La Villa Cafe on the corner of Chevy Chase and Brunswick, down the street from El Sauz. Really good hole in the wall, and super cheap.
Dyer and Jenkins downtown? They only have a web store but I emailed them once and you can visit their warehouse to try stuff on. I never made it down there but they were pretty responsive. Or lvc 501 repros if you can find those in his price range.
I dig the clodhoppers - what are they?
Why are you guys having such a hard time cleaning your french press? It takes about 20 seconds.
Also, speaking of #yuppiehipster tacos, I ate at Guerrilla Tacos recently - totally worth the hype.
Have you been to the new Centeno place? Your critic raved about it.
I tried to stop by that truck about a month ago and it was mobbed, didn't even try to find parking.
I've been to the new Grand Central market a few times now. I had breakfast at Eggslut a few weeks ago. It was pretty good but almost too rich for me. It's not something I could eat that often. I'll go to your taco stand next time. As for San Francisco style burritos - I don't like them so I'm not help. I like the burritos at Cacao Mexicatessin in Eagle Rock, speaking of yuppiehipster gourmet Mexican. The Duck Carnitas, the cochinita, the Hongos - everything I've tried...
Had the lamb barbacoa at My Taco on York the other day. So good. I like the gentrification happening around here, but I'll be bummed if all these cheap Mexican spots get driven out of the neighborhood. BTW, is "lamb barbacoa" redundant? In Dallas (and maybe all of Texas) the barbacoa is beef, but that may be a regional oddity.