or Connect

Posts by Baron

Did you get the corduroy floral or the paisley? I switched my order on the cord shirt at the last second because I was worried it would fit too small but I love the way those look.
Gone But Not from the Phoenicia sample pack. This one is a a traditional - even old fashioned - floral. The notes say rose, jasmine, elemi, fruits, cognac and musk. I get the rose and jasmine, and the musky base. I don't get fruit or boozy notes. I don't know what elemi smells like but I get a kind of industrial note or maybe lipstick or chalky powder. The perfumer has described it as having a touch of "hairspray." Anyway, I like it. It's a bit more perfumey that I usually...
There are really too many good fits, I can't really choose.
^^ I almost kopped those OL pants - how do you like them?
To be fair, those top notes fade and are fighting for prominence with the oud from the beginning. It makes sense when you consider that oud is a fungus that grows in trees - it should have some rotten notes.Wearing Far NW today. This is the one that supposedly has the skunk note but I'm not detecting it. This one also seemed to fade quickly but it's 88 degrees here and I've been outside all day so it may have just been defeated by the elements.
I got my Phoenicia samples yesterday. I put a drop of REALOUD on my hand last night - OMG it has the funkinest dirtiest opening I've ever smelled. Like, blue cheese/toe jam/rotting flesh dirty. It's pretty shocking. But it settles into something more grassy and sweet, with that strong medicinal woody oud backbone. It was very compelling, I couldn't stop smelling my hand. I also had a tiny amount applied - I can hardly imagine what it would be like to blast a couple sprays...
I always wanted to try crack.
I agree, and not just because of styleforum but because the internet in general. Aside from the esoteric small labels there's the crazy vintage finds via ebay and the like from all over the world.
The ts(s) shirt jacket I got from NMWA can be worn like a blazer, or buttoned all the way up with the lapels opened. It's a great piece.
Styleforum hasn't changed my style all that much. My tastes have gotten more expensive but I was into clothes before I came here. I still wear several things that date back to the 80's (or 60's in the case of sweaters I inherited from my dad.)