or Connect

Posts by Baron

Seems more like he's pissed that the collection looks so specifically like RW pieces that they borrowed (free of charge he says). Also seems like he thinks they should have done a collab with him instead.
The homogeneity phenomenon started in the 80's with the advent of cable tv (MTV especially). The internet just cemented a growing trend. I went away to college in 1986, and at that time the difference in personal style, musical tastes and particularly regional slang were enormous among kids from different parts of the country. I noticed that over the later part of the 80's that some of those differences started to erode. At the time I attributed it to MTV, as I said.
Where is that image from?
^^^ That was my impression of Karavanserai as well. Lot's of cedar, not a lot of development. I really like Sweet Libertine, Fire Amber Baby and The Hedonist from that collection.
I've been wearing a lot of amber lately. Amber Sultan on Wednesday, then Fire Amber Baby from Cult of Scent yesterday. I don't think anything I wear quite gets the third party response that a big amber scent delivers. People seem to love it. I love it too, though it often feels a bit too much, especially in warm weather.
They didn't charge me anything for shipping - the total cost was around $27.
I bought a sample pack from Cult of Scent based on Luca Turin's recent review on his blog. It arrived in lovely packaging, with a nice hand-written note. Yesterday I wore In the Woods. Turin described it as a new take on a classic Eau de Cologne. I didn't seem particularly 'novel' to me, but it was nice example of the style, with a dry woody note in the drydown (Turin called it incense but I didn't get that) and better longevity than I expected. Today I'm wearing...
This would make a cool Los Angeles square or for the modest;
How about this one.
great popover