or Connect

Posts by Baron

I thought New York smelled old fashioned the first time I tried it, but over time that feeling fell away. I think it's the aldehydes that give it that impression.
I was traveling once or twice a month in 2013 and 2014 and I never used a clear bag, and I was never stopped at security to look at my dopp kit. It's a rule they don't enforce for some reason.
Hotel Fig is cool. I also like the bar at Cliff's Edge in Silver Lake.
I think that "vintage," as a term of art, specifically assumes that something is at least 25 years old. In common usage people are a lot more flexible with the term. I own a lot of 60's shirts, mostly in the surf/prep california style - button down collars, tails, muted prints and stripes and madras. I own a lot of old sweaters from the same era - mostly English or Scottish cashmere. Old denim, old hats, old leather jackets. I have some oddball 70's things. It's not...
Have you done any cavalry twill trousers? Those are great winter staples, but they may be a stock item. I also like black moleskin - not easy to find in non-stodgy cuts.
Definitely Mean Streets.
AA isn't all that cheap. I think when they started they cornered the market on affordable "cool" well fitting basics. Now H&M, uniqlo, Zara and even Old Navy sell those pieces in similar cuts and colors. And Bangladeshi sweat shops are way cheaper than the ones in DTLA.
What do you know about the current incarnation of Diorella? Is it still good, or is it necessary to seek out a vintage bottle?
I'm pretty sure I'm older than Manton and Heismatt. But not as old as Vox. I'm not that old.
It's one fucking hundred degrees in LA today. On October fucking 9th.