or Connect

Posts by Baron

Check out the two Camoshita suits with the "easy" pants at No Man Walks Alone. Blue wool seersucker, and burgundy wool corduroy. Both are great, I want.
I'm a little late on this, but I've been wearing this Two Palms shirt all summer. Cheap eBay find.
I'm sampling Tom Ford Sahara Noir today. I picked this up mostly from reading the kafkaesque blog's long piece on amber scents. He compared this one to Amber Sultan and said it was mostly an amber scent. It really doesn't remind me of the Lutens at all. I wouldn't even think to call this an amber scent. It's an incense scent (I get the feeling that you Ford fans already know this). Reminds me of the CdG incense series. It's a nice scent, but I wouldn't dream of paying Ford...
I was literally 100 yesterday in Mt. Washington/South Pas
Yeah, I know a lot of people love this one. It's worth smelling for sure.
Like a homeless french lady that pooped her pants, imho. An acquired taste I suppose. I like a lot of dirty scents but this one was way too dense for me.
Yeah, it's how fashion works anyway. Not sure if the RW/JC example is even all that egregious, as these things go. Proenza Schouler's runway show at NYFW used earrings that totally rip off a friend of mine's designs, I've seen other friends calling that out on Instagram too and I think that example is way worse.
Seems more like he's pissed that the collection looks so specifically like RW pieces that they borrowed (free of charge he says). Also seems like he thinks they should have done a collab with him instead.
The homogeneity phenomenon started in the 80's with the advent of cable tv (MTV especially). The internet just cemented a growing trend. I went away to college in 1986, and at that time the difference in personal style, musical tastes and particularly regional slang were enormous among kids from different parts of the country. I noticed that over the later part of the 80's that some of those differences started to erode. At the time I attributed it to MTV, as I said.
Where is that image from?