or Connect

Posts by sevenfoldtieguy

If you came up with this specimen by merely messing around, I can only imagine what you would create if you got serious about it. Well done!!
Very well. I owned both boots - Coniston in tan scotch grain and the BB captoe boot in burgundy shell. Neither boot fit well. I eventually off loaded each pair.
Whether I went tts or half size down, the boot was just too roomy at the instep and led to an an overall sloppy fit.
The burgundy shell model from BB. Not formally called the Coniston, but the design was essentially the same, and, as I understand it, was on the same last as the Coniston.
Very nice boots.One of the only Alden boot models I would still like to add to my collection.
Try them on first. I have tried Conistons in grain leather and shell and the fit for me was never quite right.
Many on here will like this model. But .......I used to own them. I have since sold them. To my eye, the toe always looked too "stubby" (in the same way the EG 64 last is too stubby). These are on the TruB last, and have a closed heel.
+1I don't like AE cordovan cream.
Nice tassels.Tough loss for the USA. We got outplayed. Would have been fun to steal that one.
An interesting read, if nothing else. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/310084-Alden-Shoe-Restoration-v-B-Nelson-Shoe-Restoration