or Connect

Posts by sevenfoldtieguy

It's been awhile since someone has said it. So here goes .... Color 8 is the king. Most on here would agree. Color 8 is the most versatile shell color. Most on here would agree. Carry on.
What is the style number inside the shoe? That will take the guesswork out of it.
Many gents ignore stock models to their own detriment. The 974 is a wonderful workhorse business shoe. And the color 8 tassel is iconic. Nicely done.
IMO, There are a few things at work in acquiring rare make-ups and exotic colors:1. Luck2. An established relationship with certain retailers.3. Willingness to pull the trigger immediately if the opportunity presents itself.Plenty of guys have stories of missed opportunities due to a lack of no.3.
Nice collection.
Saphir's Brown cordovan cream works quite nicely on brown shell.I seldom use Saphir's burgundy cordovan cream on Alden's color 8 (i seldom use anything), but I do use it on burgundy shell from other makers.Saphir's black cordovan cream is, well, black. I use it from time to time.Saphir's neutral cordovan cream is useful for any color, but it can darken some whiskeys.
Saphir has somewhat recently added "whiskey" to their shell cordovan shoe cream line. I have not tried it yet. Just passing this along ....
^^ Regarding Alden/Rochester split-toe trees, and the issue of them not filling out the shoe very well: this is remedied - at least for me - by ordering one size larger. I am 9D Barrie and, when I use Alden trees (not always) I use large. The size guide says I should use medium. I used to use Medium, but have not done so for quite a long time.
Not for me.