or Connect

Posts by sevenfoldtieguy

wonderful
Today is your lucky day, as I have your answer - and it is straight from Alden. I have inquired of Alden specifically about model 2259, and specifically about whether Alden considers Mahogany and Ravello separate and distinct shell colors.Style 2259 is Mahogany cordovan..... Two different leathers. Mahogany has a reddish tint to it, {and} Ravello has brown.
Where is No. 3 from?
I prefer the Brecon over the Tetbury by a mile.
+1Yep - the last and double leather sole make for a more casual offering.
I own, or have owned, many many double monks from various makers, including the JL Camborne and JL William. The JL Camborne is one of my absolute favorites (7000 last). However, I would not wear them with denim. Too formal IMO. The William and William 2 are better suited for denim.I wore the Cambornes yesterday with a suit.
The unlined shell LHS molds to a guy's foot perhaps better than any other Alden model. It is like wearing a sock.
It could be the case BB will not get the shell PTB or shell SW bal any longer, as there has not been a restock for a very long time. This is unfortunate since these Alden for BB models come on lasts not otherwise offered by Alden.The other models seem to get restocked, at least from time to time. I have been told that BB will be getting in restocks of some shell loafers before the holidays.I was told a few years back by a long-time BB employee that BB would no longer...
How close is EG's Cloud to JL's Pewter? Anyone?
See post #11571. The sizing has not changed. Their description did indeed change, but it is wrong.