or Connect

Posts by sevenfoldtieguy

One of Alden's finest boots.
Confirmed. C&J on the 240 last in dark brown shell. And the single nail in the middle of the heel is in fact there IRL.They run a bit large IMO. Nice model.
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Medallion-Captoes/MH00454,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00454_Color=BLCK&contentpos=8 These are C&J on the 341. A really nice looking shoe.
True. That's a reasonable price at full retail. At 30% off it's ridiculous.
BB has various EG models on various lasts. The EG for BB Dover is on the 888, which is fairly rare.
A simple, yet wonderful model right there.
JUST FYI - The last time I dealt with BB in Canada, I was told they have a corporate policy that disallows shipments to the US. I have been told similarly by the BB online folks.
True.So high - comparatively speaking - that I essentially never buy from there, typically opting for one of various English retailers, or C&J direct.
I have only had this issue with EG, and only at the heel. But only once was it severe enough for me to return them. Fortunately, the retailer accepted returns for refunds. As I recall, the brochure received with each new EG pair has a paragraph or two about this precise issue. Essentially it is explained away as not being a defect.Before I returned my pair noted above I sent some pics to a very well known cobbler to get his opinion. In his judgment the issue was...