or Connect

Posts by sevenfoldtieguy

This is a good debate. I own EG's 82 and 888 (and others) and JL's 7000 and 8000 (and others). I have more EG models than JL models - by a comfortable margin. JL's 7000 is probably the single best dress shoe last, regardless of maker (JL, EG, etc.). For me, the 7000 easily beats out the 8000. The 82 is a nice last (wore it yesterday - Chestnut Malvern), but I would probably tip the scales in favor of the 888 over the 82 if compelled to make a decision. Sometimes, to...
+100And I own both brands.
I recently tried on the Alden for JCrew color 8 captoe boot (perf tip) in my regular Barrie size. It fit like my other Barrie boots in the same size.
In my experience, sizing at Barney's is a complete crapshoot.
The last hazel model I purchased was returned. The color was flat, lifeless. Probably just a bad batch.
+1 to both points being made.
I'm looking for your thoughts on a few matters: 1. versatility of JL's tobacco suede 2. whether anyone owns the Wallace, William or William II in tobacco suede (and, if so, do you wear them mostly, if not totally, in casual settings?) 3. closeness of color between tobacco and Alden's snuff suede Thanks Gents. Have a good Thursday.
Both work fine. VSC works fine too. The Saphir Neutral cordovan will/may slightly darken light shell.
One of Alden's best. One of the last Alden models I would part with.
Yes, subjective.