or Connect

Posts by sevenfoldtieguy

If you mean better in quality, I disagree. I find them comparable. If you mean better in terms of lasts and models, I mostly agree; however, JL's main line has various models on the 7000 last. For those models, I would tend to prefer JL over a comparative EG model. JL's museum calf is great if its not too blotchy. JL's misty calf is an all around safer bet IMO. I have both JL's plum museum and EG's burgundy antique. I like them both. Plum museum is much darker,...
A few things:EG's 888 last is a different animal compared to AE's 5 last. Much more sleek and refined.It can be worn more casual than with a suit, but I find it perfectly appropriate with a suit.The lighter the color, the more casual it becomes.
I noticed this listed on some of BB's online EG' offerings: Edward Green Shoes are displayed in UK sizes. Please select 1 size down from your normal size if you wear US Men's size 9, please choose Men's size 8 UK E width is equivalent to a US D width. This has never been the case. Good grief ........ They are shown in US length, and UK width. So if you wear a US9D, online you would select 9E. It will arrive at your house reading 8.5/9 E.
If by formally you mean with suits, yes. And that goes for my Asquiths in Doak and Black.
Appears to be a CC Malvern on the 202. Appears to be Mahogany or Walnut CC. For me, CC oxfords are a curious combo.
I like both brands. I have various models of each brand. I happen to own more EGs than JLs.EG seems to have many more casual offerings than JL. EG comes to mind for dressy offerings and casual offerings. JL, at least for me, comes to mind for dressy offerings (although certainly JL has some casual offerings).It does seem as though EGs are more accessible, particularly with retailers like Skoak being so active on SF. But dealing with JL's Costa Mesa shop is nothing if...
It's puzzling to me how little traffic this thread gets compared to the EG thread.
The 888 last is great, but it is a last I rarely wear casually. It is a true dress last, IMO. If others are looking for footwear to use primarily in casual settings, I would steer clear of the 888.
Great boots - all 3. Like you, I struggle with light colored boots - at least in terms of them seeing much wear.