or Connect

Posts by sevenfoldtieguy

I have no objection to AE generally, and I do have a few AE models, shell and calf. That said, the Dalton has never appealed to me. IMO, the undersized wingtip throws the boot off balance aesthetically. Further, to my eye, the toe box lacks sufficient height for that style of a boot. To each their own.
^^ PP ties some of the best FIH knots. The consistency, the dimple, etc., are exquisite. However, the FIH has its limitations (all the various knots potentially do). For the most part, IMO, FIH will not work with a cutaway or wide spread collar. The knot simply isn't large enough to fill the gap. A half windsor will typically work. On the other side of the coin, other collars, e.g., forward point, call for smaller knots (relatively speaking), and a half Windsor may...
Lobb's "October Sole" is similar to Dainite.
If i don't use EG trees, I typically use kent wang trees for my EG loafers and Kent Wang or Epics for other EGs.
I have been to LSW (2013) but not to LSDT. I was not terribly impressed with their Alden offerings. As to which is their flagship store, at least it used to be LSW, but perhaps that has changed.http://www.royalhawaiiancenter.com/info/RHC_LeatherSoulExpansion_NR.pdf
I used to own those 3 models (from left to right, Alden SF, Unionmade (Kirkwood Boot)**, and LSW, respectively). 3 great models no doubt - indeed, wonderful. Sold them all - three of the various models regarding which my feet had a disagreement with the Barrie last. They never were comfortable, even after numerous wears. Feet hurt - literally - at the end of the day. I have various Barrie models - in the same size - where that is not the case, and which are very...
They may have lost Cleverley. I am not sure.
The same seller has a pair of used CXL boots for $1,000.
On the positive side, they do currently offer the JL City Ii and Phillip Ii in Plum Museum Calf. This color is not available in either model on the JL website. George Cleverley is underrated.
+1 for sneakers confusion.