or Connect

Posts by sevenfoldtieguy

Great choices - both.
+1
I already have a few Dovers, and in the past have purchased a Nevis and a Halifax (neither of which I still have), so the decision was pretty easy for me. I like variety. But either one is a good choice.
I'm all about variety.I liked this boot IRL much better than the pics I had seen. And the construction of the boot is top notch.
MH71 lastI have 2 pairs of G&G loafers on the KN14 last in UK8.5D (I like my loafers snug). I took UK8.5E in the boot and the fit is great. My Thorpe is in Rustic Arran Grain.
I used to be put off by the side stitching on the Thorpe. However, after having handled the Thorpe in real life - and now owning the Thorpe - I think it actually adds character. The Thorpe on Dainite is a perfect nominee for various grain leathers from G&G.
That's a nice ensemble.
This much we know - EG's E width is its "standard" or "medium" width, whereas in the USA, say, with Alden, a D width is its "standard" or "medium" width. Beyond that, the maker, the model, and the last will have a bearing on the actual width. In my experience (with regard to various EG lasts), an EG E width is closer to an American D width, and an EG D width is sightly more narrow than an American D width, and closer to an American C width.Some have likened EG's E width...
Don't forget about the 202.
That boot on Dainite is close to the perfect boot in terms of style and versatility.