or Connect

Posts by sevenfoldtieguy

Perhaps we will have to agree to disagree.I think of the EG Chelsea sold in the US by Leffot at $1225, and then I think of the JL City II sold in the US by JL-Costa Mesa or Leathersoul at $1265. I own, and really like, both models. However, IMO, the craftsmanship and attention to detail of the City II is at least as good, if not better than, the EG Chelsea.FWIW, I own more EG models than I do JL models.
Keep in mind there are some great classic line models on the 7000 last. IMO, the 7000 last may be the single best dress shoe last, regardless of maker.
They would have to very tight to even be at risk of causing stretching. Alden trees in L are better than M for 9.5, IMO.
That's a good combo all around.
Sounds like a very nice make-up.
Recently had occasion to try on, and handle, an oxford on the P2. Two Observations: (1) for me personally, the P2 is much better suited for casual styles, and (2) too much space in the toe box (vertically) and too wide at the ball. Moral of the story: the P2 is not for me.
Here is one example to give us hope. With respect to the JL Saunton, Leatherfoot sells it for 1325CAD (approx. 1175USD) whereas JL Costa Mesa sells it for 1325USD. Shipping at this price point is free at leatherfoot.
I had shearling at one point. Didn't really like it ......
+1
You are not alone, my friend. There is a reason why color 8 stock models come with the dark edge.