or Connect

Posts by sevenfoldtieguy

Between the two, 202 every time. Literally.
I have more EGs than JLs, by a fairly considerable margin. JLs recent price hike is unfortunate. Add to that any "By Request" fees that are assessed if a By Request order is made. NOTE: However, if a guy has a decent relationship with a JL retailer, he can many times make By Request orders with no upcharge (even during non By Request events). JL's boot selection is nearly awful.Having said all of that, for dress shoes (main line and Prestige), JL's 7000 last is the...
I take the same size in 337 and 341.
The Audley is a very nice, conservative shoe - but not boring. I own it in dark brown Antique. Off topic, C&J's HG dark brown antique is one of the best dark browns on the market, IMO, and I am comparing it with the likes of EG's dark oak, G&G's vintage oak, and JL's dark brown museum.Your link is to Farfetch. I have ordered Handgrades from them in the past (model: Leeds). Service was great and got free DHL Express shipping ($620-ish, duties included). The sale price...
I prefer the dark welt and dark edging on literally every color 8 model. That is not to say I dislike the antique edging/welt. I just don't like it as much.
I own, or have owned, all 5 CC colors shown. The almond and black really need no comment. In my experience, Walnut is a true dark brown, and Mahogany and Rosewood are more similar than Mahogany and Walnut. The swatches make Walnut and Mahogany appear strikingly similar, which, in my experience, has not been the case. Rosewood, as the name would suggest, has strong reddish hues, whereas the Mahogany's reddish hues are much more subtle and toned down. The two colors,...
Ex vat the price is roughly $70 higher - $740 compared to $670
They look brown on my monitor. Nice shoes nevertheless.
IMO, yes. Bronze Antique is a much darker brown than Doak (at least the old Doak).
I have a Galway in this make-up (Bronze/Black CC). I also have a Doak/Walnut CC Galway (old Doak). I have various other Doak and Bronze models, but, on the whole, I have more Doak (simply an overall more versatile color, IMO). However, for the Galway - if pressed hard enough - I just might say I prefer the Bronze model.