or Connect

Posts by sevenfoldtieguy

same size for me
What this means, as a practical matter, is that you bar lace very few models. I bar lace virtually every model - bal or blucher, odd or even**. IMO, it presents an overall cleaner look. Some see it differently and I have no problem with that.** With odd eyelets, I use a single diagonal pass in the lacing - at the very top - and it's less noticeable due to the bows and shoelace ends. In many models, particularly bals, it is not noticeable at all.
Wonderful.If forced to choose, I would take this stock model over nearly every model offered on a limited run basis.
I would suggest trying on the Chambord II before buying it. I found the ankle area to be exceptionally wide - indeed, for me, too wide.
I was there almost exactly one year ago. They had almost no shell at that time too.
Purchased from same retailer?
The stock 974 (Tremont last) is not available at BB. BB's version of the color 8 shortwing bal (M-75 last) is quite different - in design, appearance, and fit - than the 974. I have owned both.Of all the Alden shell models BB carries, the shortwing bals have probably been the least restocked of them all, at least in the last few years.$450 is roughly 1/3rd off the current retail price for the 974.
Correct
^^ nicely done
UK9E