or Connect

Posts by sevenfoldtieguy

I prefer the dark welt and dark edging on literally every color 8 model. That is not to say I dislike the antique edging/welt. I just don't like it as much.
I own, or have owned, all 5 CC colors shown. The almond and black really need no comment. In my experience, Walnut is a true dark brown, and Mahogany and Rosewood are more similar than Mahogany and Walnut. The swatches make Walnut and Mahogany appear strikingly similar, which, in my experience, has not been the case. Rosewood, as the name would suggest, has strong reddish hues, whereas the Mahogany's reddish hues are much more subtle and toned down. The two colors,...
Ex vat the price is roughly $70 higher - $740 compared to $670
They look brown on my monitor. Nice shoes nevertheless.
IMO, yes. Bronze Antique is a much darker brown than Doak (at least the old Doak).
I have a Galway in this make-up (Bronze/Black CC). I also have a Doak/Walnut CC Galway (old Doak). I have various other Doak and Bronze models, but, on the whole, I have more Doak (simply an overall more versatile color, IMO). However, for the Galway - if pressed hard enough - I just might say I prefer the Bronze model.
Quite possibly the best Shannon make-up.
I own this Thorpe. It is a great boot.
Go with one of the three on the Hampton. For your stated uses, the last one you list - model 9841 - seems like a winner to me.At a similar price point, and if you go the captoe route (straight tip or perf tip), don't be afraid to go English - something like the C&J Hallam (Benchgrade) or C&J Audley (Handgrade) would work well.
Interesting ...My ravello and color 8 PTBs would be a few of the last Alden models I would part with, and I have a reasonably sized Alden collection.