or Connect

Posts by sevenfoldtieguy

I'm not a huge color 8/antique edge guy, but those boots make a pretty compelling argument.
Order those 9, throw down a cool grand, and be done with it.
+1Black with natural welt has always been a head scratcher to me. There are certain combinations of leather color and welt that I don't care for (but that I still understand); however, the black/natural welt combo is one I simply do not understand. It seems confused. But obviously others see it differently ....
An Intervention will be in order - if he should even think of declining.
That shoe would look nice.However, light Brown/tan oxfords can be tricky, IMO. While I own a few - including the 82 lasted Walcot in Edwardian Antique - I always find myself considering them a contradiction, with the oxford style lending itself to more formal wear, and the light color (and/or broguing) lending itself to more casual wear. First world problems ....
So true. Even if he doesn't wear it, he needs it.
By EG I assume you mean non-Top Drawer models.If I understand you correctly, you have:EG > JL Classic lineEG = JL Prestige line (but perhaps JL Prestige line > EG)I would go:EG = JL Classic LineEG But can we agree on Bavarian Cream? *** whether JL Prestige is worth the price increase relative to EG is a separate matter; sometimes yes and sometimes no, IMO
In General:Barrie - 9 (9.5 too big)Hampton - 9 (9.5 is doable but sloppy)Marlow - 9 or 9.5 (I own 9.5 because I typically wear a medium weight sock with my Marlow line shoes/boots as i wear them casually most often); I could get away with 9 if I only wore a thin sock.
The Falkirk is unique. Too much broguing for me, however (and I like broguing in general).
Tan laces, by a long shot. But the others don't look bad.