or Connect

Posts by SantosLHalper

It's been a few years since I have been able to do any solid drinking in DC, so some of these suggestions may no longer be valid. - Cafe St. Ex is one that I enjoyed, but it's been a while since I've been there and I've heard that it gets pretty crowded. - The Saloon on U St is good, especially if you like German beers. - The Science Club. Go for the name, stay for the drinks. - Wonderland. It was packed when I was there, but it was reasonably fun. - Pizzeria...
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Carlton -- dig Teh Boondocks avatar. Ate at Ray's The Classics the other day. Service was lackluster, as was the decor/setting. Food was OK, even good, but not memorable. I think the best steak I've had in the DC area was at Morton's. I've been to Prime Rib, The Palm, Smith & W, Sam & Harry's, Blackie's, etc. and while most have been good, I just haven't really felt they were truly great. I have a soft spot for...
Ray's The Steaks, just outside of DC, is great. The hand-cut strip is awesome, provided that you can put up with the service and decor.
Most GMAT books will have sample questions. You can always get the Kaplan book and see if that helps clear things up. The courses aren't for everyone, but you may find them helpful if you've been out of school for a while. They are more about test taking strategies than they are about learning (e.g. eliminating answers using reason instead of calculations). Grade-wise, it can really go either way. Your professional experience counts for a lot and your test scores...
I don't have any useful comments about which to choose, but if you're in Baltimore, you might consider actually going to the Crutchfield outlet store in Charlottesville, VA or Harrisonburg, VA. The prices are pretty aggressive, and they extend the same warranty to the outlet items that they do for new items. Most are just returns, not refurbs. You can probably call ahead to check the inventory there before going.
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseJB I got in trouble for this one once after a girl made fun of me in 2nd grade: "At least I dont pee out of my butt." I have a friend who is a teacher. One of her young male students got in trouble for telling a female student that he wanted "to pee in her butt." My teacher friend made the boy write an apology note to the girl that reads "I am sorry I said I wanted to pee in your butt." It's written...
How about Nascar driver Dick Trickle?
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter that's pretty god. around us we don't have one with meat. There's also a farm-raised trout option, which we didn't do. Our weekly grocery bills go down to about $20 a week when we're on the CSA, and maybe half of that is beer. If you look at what we get for the money versus what we would have paid at Whole Foods for the same stuff, the difference is remarkable.
Quote: Originally Posted by indesertum On a side note, how much does membership/stockholding of CSA cost/ how much do you get? Does it vary from city to city? I paid about $800 for the full deal I mentioned early on. It's 28 weeks of vegetables and eggs, then chicken and beef every other week. There are less costly options depending on the size of your family and whether you want the meat and eggs. Compared with our grocery expenditures,...
I was a die-hard G-2 user for a while - they were the only ones available with a narrow enough point (I have small handwriting), and I prefer a cap-less pen. I use a Parker now, which I like a lot. It's got good action.