or Connect

Posts by SantosLHalper

Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy That will be a wiiiidddde belt. I would look at Police belts. Google is your friend here. I think that www.leathergoodsconnection.com would do one for you too, but finding an appropriately sized buckle would be the problem. I'd highly recommend the leather goods connection guys. I had them make a 1.5" double d-ring belt that's plenty wide. Looks good with jeans and is not totally overbearing. I can't...
Quote: Originally Posted by cloudhands69 Here's something interesting from GQ Nov 2006 - "25 most stylish movies of all time." Regarding Steve McQueen: "Another important consideration for McQueen was his backside. 'Mainly, he liked his fanny to look good,' sayd Van Runkle. 'We had to fit many pairs of trousers to get just the right look'" There you go. I think I'll consider myself corrected re: effortlessness!
Quote: Originally Posted by ken Bullshit. They knew what they were wearing, and they knew what they were wearing tomorrow. I should clarify: I am sure they knew what they were wearing, but I would stick to my originial statement that their style was a lot more effortless than the neurotic over-analysis that tends to go on here with some folks. I just don't see Steve McQueen or Marlon Brando spending a lot of time on the internet discussing...
Quote: Originally Posted by spacemanvt i saw some chucks and varvatos purcells at marshalls today 20 and 25 respectivelly might pick up a pair of the green chucks they had... look pretty cool... highs tho which i dont like. The marshalls here must have the same stock - I went today, and they had a few varieties of chucks under $20 and the varvatos purcells for $25.
Quote: Originally Posted by lance konami I'm not going to argue that point, but I would think that many outsiders would think that we're all "trying too hard." I would wager that if many of the people we know found out how much time we spend on the internet critiquing someone else's fits or discussing the merits of various types of denim, they would think we're trying too hard. That's the thing about a McQueen or a Brando or an Agnelli -...
I find it hard to wear anything navy with dark denim - the overall tone of the dark denim is too similar. I have better luck now with blacks and greys, which, if done correctly, can look really awesome. I second the comment above that if you wear greys (or blacks), you'll need a splash of color in there to keep things interesting.
I can't decide what's more frustrating, that Barry keeps coming back, that people keep responding, or that I can't fight the compulsion to add one more post.
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini If you're a size 11, you're in luck: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...poppush&color= $19.99 + 20% with code "TXT". $5.95 ship. Just my luck. I literally just bought a pair of black size 11s two weeks ago. Admittedly, I had a gift certificate to burn. To stock up or not to stock up...
I went to the NY store about two weeks ago. Although I liked the style of the clothes, I couldn't find anything that fit properly. I'm about a 44R, and even the XLs in most of their jackets did not fit. Shirts were somewhat better, but still very snug. The pants I tried were too low rise for my taste, but the fits were much better. Can't comment on the quality, since I didn't take anything home with me.
Quote: Originally Posted by jkennett Some Blundstone chelseas might do the trick too... http://aussiedirect.stores.yahoo.net/bl05drbo.html They're also on amazon, ebay, etc. I don't own a pair so I'm not sure how durable they are. However, they seem like they're a pretty good deal. I wore a pair of blundstones nearly every day for about 18 months, whether it was at work, outside, whatever. They are remarkably durable. I've replaced the...