or Connect

Posts by cbsteven

Sorry dude, the jacket and any pictures I had of it are long gone. Best of luck.
Is the collar in his get-up from last night intentional? It looks wrong to me, but I am a neophyte on the rules for that level of dress.
M2M suits follow a template, but still the pieces are cut to your measurement and then assembled. Having a bespoke suit created is a long process and involves much personal attention from the tailor and many fittings. It is made from scratch. Here is an article explaining the difference: http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...o-measure.html
No, going to a tailor with a fully-canvassed suit in hand is not the same thing at all. There are only a limited number of things that they can alter. Pant leg length. Sleeve length (if the suit has non-functional cuff buttons, which is likely does. TaT suits have the more rare and cooler surgeon cuffs). Waist size. The fundamental sizing of the suit - shoulder width, jacket length, armhole size - cannot really be altered. And yes, I fully expect that $400-600 suits at a...
And yes the guys at TaT are not the actual tailors. As I understand it, they designed the suit, and it gets produced by a factory in a different country. But the suit that you buy at Nordstroms was almost certainly produced by a factory in a different country, too. At least the one from TaT had your measurements in mind when it was created. The suit you buy off the rack at the store is designed for a generic male model, and must be altered, and will likely not ever fit as...
First of all compared to a lot of the people that post here I know nothing about clothing, but one thing I've absorbed from reading the forum for the past year: There are basically three tiers of suit fit: Off the rack - Going into Nordstroms and buying a suit from their display that fits reasonably well, and having them alter it Made to Measure - Having a suit made for you based on a pre-existing template but to your desired measurements Bespoke - A suit made 100%...
They made me a suit last summer and I was very happy with it. They are good guys to work with. I'm going to place an order for a second suit sometime soon. http://www.kazookayaks.com/cullen_su...side_small.jpg Just be very careful with your measurements.
In my fine cowhide fanny pack.. http://www.luggage.com/asp/show_deta...id=FR52-WX1074 In reality, if wearing a suit, the cell phone goes in the left breast pocket, keys in front right pants pocket, and a front pocket wallet in the left front pants pocket.
I bought a pair of 14D Tauntons and some Fairfax's last year and they fit perfectly. I bought another model recently on ebay at 14D and my feet swim in them. Just huge. Model is the Bradley. Now looking to get some Park Ave's and I'm not sure what size to buy. I have an opportunity to get some 14C's or cheap. Are they closer to the Bradley or the Taunton's? I tried to look up specific AE last dimensions but didn't know exactly how to locate it. Thanks for any...
I set up a saved search on eBay to email me when any new auctions were listed with "silver jacket" in the title. I monitored this for months. Finally about 3 weeks before Halloween one came up that looked passable. It was a silver satin motorcycle jacket with patches on it and said "Honda" down the sleeves. I won the auction. Unfortunately the jacket was just too small for me to wear so I had to come up with another costume last-minute. I gave the jacket to a friend of...